ʙᴏᴏᴋ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ #4

ᴛɪᴛʟᴇ: Sometimes They Come Back

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ: RainAndSonder

ɢᴇɴʀᴇ: Horror

Cᴏᴠᴇʀ sᴛᴀʀ ʀᴀᴛɪɴɢ: ☆☆☆☆☆

ᴛᴏᴘ 2 ʙᴇsᴛ ǫᴜᴀʟɪᴛɪᴇs:

①. Writing Style - I like your way of writing.

②. Chapter Lengths - You make sure you fill each chapter as much as possible and readers tend to love that.

~

sᴜɢɢᴇsᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴍᴘʀᴏᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs:

①. Not Scary Enough - I know what you were going for, but I feel like you missed the mark. For me, it wasn't scary which is most important for the horror genre. I think what your story is lacking is that big terrifying reveal that never happened. What I mean by that is you built the foundation for the story but no one ever gets scared at the beginning. Fear takes time to build up, but your story ended before it got the chance.

②. Character Development - I also think you need to work on developing your characters a bit more. I read most of the book thinking it was about a little girl. It's very important to try to define characters detail to detail so that your readers can invision the same vision you tried to create.

③. Description - Your description for this book is not intriguing enough. It doesn't leave a lot to the imagination. I read the description and it's supposed to draw the reader in, however I did not get that feeling.

~

ᴍʏ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ:

♡. I have to say this book cover is something exceptional! It's eye-catching and relates to what the book is about. However, maybe horror isn't the right genre for you and if you're still determined for it to be, I suggest you do some horror research. Researching the topic of which you choose to build on will greatly impact the effect your story will have on others.

-

ᴏᴠᴇʀᴀʟʟ sᴛᴀʀ ʀᴀᴛɪɴɢ: ☆☆

ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ɪ ʀᴇᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴅ ᴛʜɪs ʙᴏᴏᴋ?: No, I can clearly see that you have the potential to be an amazing author. No doubt about it! I just think that the Horror genre isn't your strong suit.

׺°"˜'"°º× тнαтgιяℓвєαυту ׺°"˜'"°º×
08/10/18