Prologue~

(Lydia's P.O.V.~)

When I was a little girl, my mother told me that one day, demons would come, and take me away. My mom was always religious. She feared everything and everyone, and told me I was all she had left. Completely forgetting, she has a mother who loves her. My grandmother is a Witch. She knows a lot about the occult, the supernatural, and all things that go bump in the night. When I was little, she taught me a lot about the supernatural, and I've been fascinated ever since.

She always told me I had power in me and she could feel it. She told me that one day, my spiritual guardian would come and keep me safe from all harm...And I think I may know how mine is. I don't know his name or who he is...but I know he's a powerful force. He has these piercing blue eyes that stay with you no matter what. I started having dreams about him when I was young. The first time I dreamed about this man, I wasn't afraid. I knew he was my protector, and he assured me not to be afraid.

Ever since then, I've had the same dream about him. I wanna know who he is, and why I needed to be protected. When I was 14, my mom died on her way to church. I've been staying with my grandma ever since. She doesn't judge me like everyone else does. Kids make fun of me very day at school. Saying things like "Witch", "Hex", "Voodoo Queen", "Satan Worshiper", "Devil's Spawn", "The Devil's Concubine", other things like that.

I don't let them get to me, but I don't talk to anyone. I only talk to my grandma or teachers when they ask me to answer a question. Who is the man in my dreams? What does he want with me? And more importantly..Who do I need to be protected from?

{Girl in picture is Lydia~~}