Chapter 30

Camerons POV
Someone rips into the gravel lot flinging dust and rocks right at me with a sleek, black dodge charger. Not one of the new ones an old one, one you see in movies like fast and furious. I look down to find Sebastian unconscious, my heart freezes. I immediately start shaking him, trying to wake him. He is out cold no matter how hard I shake him. A car door somewhere in front of me slams and gravel crunches until feet appear on the other side of Sebastian. His friend is good looking like him, at least 6'3" and has black hair down to his mid back. He kneels down next to Sebastian and gives his whole body a once over. He looks over at me and nods his head as if he just got something. "My names Joshua I am Sebastians back up, now we need to get him in the car. If we don't leave soon he may die of internal bleeding we dont know about." I nod my voice lost somewhere between my car and the unconscious hero beneath me. Joshua does not hesitate in picking Sebastian up and carrying him on his back back to his car. He opens the door fluently never asking for help. He lays Sebastian down in the back seat and slams the door before opening the front driver side. "You coming or what?"
"My cars still here,"
"Fuck the damn car we can pick it up later." Again I nod before standing up and running to the passenger side door. I slip inside the car just as Joshua revs the engine. He peels out of the lot again a little more easy this time. The first few moments are silent and I can almost feel my questions boiling to a point I can't hold them. "How long have you and Sebastian known each other?"
"Since we were four," Joshua says not even batting an eye. "How can you be so calm in a situation like this?"
"It isn't the first time the shit has done something like this."
"What do you mean?" At that Joshua looks at me, "I am not gonna tell you if he hasn't."
"Please. These past few days have been fucking terrifying and all he says is he will take care of it or it will be fine." Joshua smirks before laughing a bit, then his face slackens as though he remembered something. "Not too long ago Sebastian got into a huge fight with his old man. Bad thing about it was his pops used to beat both him and his mom. On top of that he was the head of a drug dealing gang. Sebby back there got dragged in as a kid, picking pockets and stuff. Not long after I joined up just to keep him out of danger. The shit head is smart planning like he did. He got all the way to the top with his pops. At that point he knew everything, every shipment, every corner worker. One night when his pops went out to personally handle a shipment he ratted on him to the cops. Half the gang went down, and the other half wanted revenge. So Sebby took his mom and ran, he has been a few places before here. Still it is always the same, they find him. Poor guy lives his life taking care of his mom who doesnt even love him anymore. She blames him for the abuse, she had long since convinced herself she loved his father for who he was abuse and all." Joshuas face was now contorted in empathy and I could see he honestly felt bad. "After he left I quit, took the punishment and moved. I told Sebby if he needed me to call, so here I am." The overwhelming sadness of what had happened to the man of my dreams hurt. He literally put himself through hell to save his mom and she hated him for it. Yet each day he smiles goes to school, work, never showing anything. So much more made sense now, especially the guy with Collin. "Why do they want him to suffer so much? Why not beat him once and be done with it?" Joshua sighed deeply before he spoke in a very flat tone. "Because his father ordered them to pursue him and not give up."
"Why would-"
"He didn't care for him. He was training him to be the next leader. Then he betrayed him, since he is in prison he has to get revenge soemhow." Something in my brain told me that wasn't the reason these guys wouldn't leave Sebastian alone. Something deep inside told me that it was something darker and that it was gonna happen soon.