Chapter 14

Sebastians POV
She fell asleep in my arms while we were watching the movie. She looks so beautiful when she sleeps. All her worry and sadness just slips off her face and she relaxs. I recall what happened in the car. Are we really together now? I mean I want it to happen but it doesnt feel right. I think. I try to slip out from under Cameron to leave. Once I am out from under her I quickly kiss her on the forehead and head out the door. I get in my car and drive home. No matter how hard I try I can't get the image of Cameron beat up and broken on the sidewalk out of my head. I am so focused on it I dont notice that I come to a complete stop. The sound of a blaring horn brings me back to reality. I feel terrible now. Her getting into trouble is all my fault. Only if I would have been there. Like that night at the party. She looked at me like I was crazy for what I did, for helping her. I wonder if she see's herself as nothing. Wait nope. Never mind. Cameron would never think like that. Expecially since she knows that opinions dont matter. I get to my house and quickly get inside to take a shower. "Where have you been young man?" My mom says as I open the door. "My friend got jumped so I was helping her out."
"That is not an excuse to not call or text me."
"I am sorry mom. I didn't mean to disrespect you."
"Whatever " she says swishing a bottle of vodka around before taking a swig.
"Oh yeah right. School. Horray." I say with my voice dripping with sarcasm. I go upstairs and get in the shower. I let the burning water wash over me. I hope that maybe just maybe it will wash away the image of Cameron. The image is seared to the back of my mind and it won't leave me alone. The way she looked makes me want to break every bone in their bodies for what they did. Being with her this way is a risk considering my past. I don't want to cross the line between friendship and lover without being absolutely sure of my feelings. I slam my fist into the off beige tile of the shower and growl. Seeing her like that brings back memories that I don't want to remember, scars all over begin to ache. I don't ever want her to feel this way.