o n e - e m e r g e n c y

Start from the beginning

"Mrs. Brown, can we please talk to you in the hallway?" Dr. Stephens asks. My mom nods, and gets up.

Mrs. Brown's POV

"Yes?"

"We are sorry to inform you, but Millie-"

"No! She can't! She is a perfectly healthy girl, where would this come from?" I ask.

"I'm sorry. I don't know. These kinds of things don't come by from a naturally spread virus. We can never predict them. I'm sorry." He says opening the door for me.

"Mom?"

"I'm sorry." I say, beginning to sob.

"No! It's not true. I can't." Millie cries.

Millie's POV

"I'm sorry, Millie." Dr. Stephens apologizes.

"It's okay. I'm just scared."

"Rightfully so..." He replies. "You are free to head home now. We will call you for the info on the chemo." My mom nods, helping me stand up, beginning to walk out of the room.

"Thank you." I say.

"No problem, darlin." Dr. Stephens replies.

-

I get home and I'm still crying. I think that my friends should all know about this, so I decide to post on instagram.

~Instagram~

milliebobbybrown - I hate to say this, but today I wasn't feeling good, so we went to the doctor, and I have been diagnosed with leukemia

milliebobbybrown - I hate to say this, but today I wasn't feeling good, so we went to the doctor, and I have been diagnosed with leukemia. I hope that you all can see me the same way as before. I am in no way different. <3

irisapatow - ew! I always knew there was something off about you

maddiezeigler - omg millie im so sorry! Please come to me to talk to me any time you need <3 ily

lilia it's ok bb. I'm here whenever you need.

romeobeckham - hah, hot girl turned cancer girl

maddiezeigler - @ romeobeckham hey why don't you shut up, romehoe buttham. She can't do anything to control it

~Out of Instagram~

I fall onto my bed crying. Maddie and Lilia are like my only friends through all of this. Why does everyone have to hate me and make fun of me. Iris was never nice to me and Romeo always hit on me. Apparently only for my looks... I begin to cry more and more.

Knock, knock.

"Millie?"

"What mom?" I say through my sniffles.

"What's wrong, honey?" She asks, rubbing my back.

"I posted something on instagram about it, and the only people supporting me are Maddie and Lilia. Everyone hates me, mom. My whole world is crumbling around me." I sob.

"Honey, it's just them being their rude selves. They have no control over your happiness." She says.

"Why'd you even come up here, mom? Was I crying that loud?"

"No... Dr. Stephens called me about your chemo." She says, I look up from my phone where I'm still scrolling through the comments. "He said that they can't do your treatment here in England."

"Well then where can they do it?" I ask.

"Atlanta, Georgia. In the US." She replies, with a worried face.

"Fine with me. It's not like anyone will care that I'm gone."

"Hone-"

"No, it's fine. When do we leave?"

"Thursday." She sighs. It's currently Tuesday.

"Ok. Thanks." I say, hugging her.

"You sure your ok?" She asks. I nod.

-

"Millie? Honey?"

"Hmm?" I say, waking up from my drowsy state. I had fallen asleep for about 2 hours.

"Dr. Stephens called again." My mom says, coming into my room.

"Okay?" I question her, sitting up.

"He said that we are gonna have to go over to Atlanta twice a month. That is way too much to pay. We just can't afford it."

"So what are you saying?" I ask.

"We are gonna have to move to America." She replies.

"WHAT?" I yell. "Even though everyone in my school is a jerk, I can't move away from Lilia and Maddie! They're my only friends..."

"Maybe you'll make more in Atlanta." She reassures me.

"Yes. The bald girl is gonna make friends."

"Honey, it's ok. Some people shave their heads in support of this kind of stuff!"

"Right..." I say sarcastically. "I'm just gonna get started packing ok?"

"Ok hon." She says, while closing the door.

I decide to call Maddie and Lilia on houseparty to tell them.

"Hey, Millster! How ya feelin'?" Lilia asks.

"Never better." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Are you ok?" Maddie asks.

"I'm feeling fine now. Mostly because they gave me medicine. I'm not sure how I'll be feeling once it wears off." I say, pulling out a box and beginning to fold up my clothes.

"Millie?"

"Hm?"

"Why are you packing a box?" Lilia asks.

"That's why I called you guys... The chemo treatments... They have to be done in Atlanta, Georgia." I tell them. Suddenly both of their mouths drop.

"Wait. Woah, woah, woah. Like the one in America!?" Maddie asks. I nod.

"AMERICA?!" Lilia freaks out.

"I know! I don't wanna go either, but it is the only thing we can do to possibly heal me." I say, tearing up.

"Millie, we don't want you to leave." Lilia says. Maddie nods.

"I know, and I don't either, but if I want the cancer to go away, then I have to." I say, putting a pile of clothes into the box.

"Are you sure it will make you better?" Maddie asks.

"I can't be sure about anything, but if going to Atlanta is what it takes to possibly cure me, then that's what we are gonna do." I tell them. They nod. "Guys I have to keep packing for Atlanta, but on Thursday I will be sure to come say goodbye."

"THURSDAY?" They both exclaim.

"I know. I'm sorry. Bye. Love you guys." I say, hanging up the phone.

I continue to pack, while worrying a bit about what lies ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AHH THAT WAS THE FIRST CHAPTERRRR! I know it's much more of a heavy topic then clueless, but I hope you guys like it. I feel like books with a more emotional appeal are very popular, so I hope you guys like it.

Please vote if you liked it! I know that gets annoying, I just wanna know who liked it, and it would be cool for it to get out to more people on the wattpad community :)