Chapter 67: Surprise (last one)

Surprise P.O.V

Bickering can be heard from the majority of the building. Gracie's protests flood the air, Liam's comforting spirit reaches out to Gracie, trying to calm her down. "It's okay. Calm down." Liam reassures her but as accepted, it doesn't help. Gracie wasn't ready for this; change. She liked the way things were going, not this new decision, yet the others were worse. Nobody seemed to realize how fragile Gracie has been since her small and important world came crumbling down. Well, all accept for Liam.

What I mean by Liam is that he is the one who knew all that was going on. The pain, the heartache, the second thoughts on everything, including life itself. And when her world slowly -then quickly- came falling, Liam's the one who was there. He pretended to be alright to help Gracie, to keep her grounded. When the whole time he needed some help. But Gracie had no clue, because she was sunk too deep into her own issues that she didn't have time or patience for others. Yet somehow, in this mix of emotions and troubles. Liam stayed. He stayed by her side. Through the dark, the light, and the nightmares. She wasn't alone, it only took time for her to notice.

You could tell Liam was getting pretty irritated by Gracie, she was being rather unreasonable even when Liam was totally fine with the 'great idea.'

It hurts seeing them like this.

"I just want things to stay the way it is!" She shouts, obviously in a mood.

"Gracie, baby, calm down." Liam grabs onto her arm and tries to pull her back into the chair she was sitting in earlier, before they said the idea.

"But- but I don't wanna change, Liam! Things are gonna change and I do not like that Liam," Gracie's scratchy and shaky voice calls out. She takes in a deep breathe and exhales, letting her shoulders fall. Finally, she calmly says, "Things are good now."

Liam sighs and slowly pushes his chair back, then stands up. He runs his hands down Gracie's arms and then latch onto her hands. "Listen. I don't want to make you any more upset but things aren't good the way they are. I just want to get closer to you, and I think this would be a great idea."

"But . . . Marriage?"

"If that's what it takes." He says and her head drops. More than anything does she want to marry Liam, but one bad experience can lead to a lifetime of haunt and nightmares. But thinking of this opened her eyes. If she's with Liam, she won't have to face the haunt and nightmares alone. She'll have Liam. And she knows he can make if better. Whatever the cost.

"Let's do this."

I smile down at her, even though she can't see me, or even acknowledge I'm watching her. "Stay strong, baby girl."

"She'll be alright, she's got him." My husband says after he walks up to me and places an arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah, she'll be fine."

No P.O.V

It's been about three months since the wedding. It was nice. Gracie wore a simple white dress, with lace sewn on here and there. Her hair was curled and done in a nice, braided up-do.

Liam wore a tuxedo. He had his new haircut put into a quiff, as much as it would go.

It was in a small chapel, somewhere out of town. It only held about 20 people, and that's all who was really there. Liam's parents and sisters came, so did the rest of One Direction, and a few more of Liam's friends that Gracie wasn't too familiar with. Perrie and Eleanor both came with their boyfriends. Nicole, Macie, Marrisa, and Pete came. Pete's husband Luke came and also brought Rose.

Rose was again the flower girl, but that's all they had. The little girl walked down the isle in a light blue sundress throwing blue flower petals. Then Gracie walked down looking as elegant and beautiful as ever. Liam was stunned.