Chapter 62: I'm fine!

It's crazy how one can go from living the dream- having great friends, a fiancé, about to get married, a man who's trying to be my dad again, and a reason to live-to not seeing your friends for days, a fiancé who's wedding was ruined, a dad who quit trying, and no reason to live. That's just my life though; horrid, putrid, endless misery, need I continue? Well, no matter what anyone tells me I know this isn't meant to be, it's a pretty obvious sign, I've been ignoring the signs but it's time to face the music and grow up. Act mature for once. I'm not saying I'm giving up, I'm saying I'm giving my friends and fiancé a better chance at living. Liam needs someone who won't screw up his life, who won't cause so much drama because of my past life, he needs someone perfect and well *scoffs* that sure as heck isn't me. I just can't handle this guilt I have anymore, they rescued me over a year ago, and I owe them that, but that debt cannot be repaid like this. I will repay it by giving them their life back, I'm just a shackle that's been chained to their ankle, with every problem I have it adds on another shackle, dragging them down the further and further they try to walk on. So I will go so they may walk without shackles. So they may live without me. I love Liam and my friends, I'll never stop, but sometimes when you love something so much...you have to let it go.

"Mrs. Travis?" I hear my nurse, Anna, ask, bringing me out of my thoughts. I put on a fake smile and force out a "Yes?" And she smiles wide, looking at her clipboard once more.

"You may leave tomorrow"

Tomorrow? Already? But I still have to plan my leaving, I still have to plan what I'm to tell Liam.

"A-are you sure?" I question and she raises an eyebrow at me.

"Are you not excited to leave?"

"Honestly...no. I don't want to go just yet, I don't want to face the world" I say, my voice laced with heartache.

"You know what sweetheart" She says taking a seat on the bed, looking me dead in the eye. "Sometimes we just have to be mature about some things and face our problems, even when it may seem hard"

Well, thanks a lot. Now I'm completely questioning my decision about leaving.

"Anna I...I just really don't wanna face them right now, I'm not strong enough" I say, my voice cracking.

"Gracie you've been doing so much better though! You're wound-" She says but I cut her off.

"I'm not talking about physically, I mean emotionally" I pause taking in a deep breath. "I'm not ready for this, I need more time. Time to think, time to plan"

"Plan? Plan what?" She questions, concern etched in her face.

"What I'm to tell Liam"

"What would you need to tell Liam? If you don't mind me asking, of course" She says, taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

"I'm...I'm leaving, I think I'm going back to the U.S. I was born there originally"

"Oh darling" She says and and I piece of hair falls out of her bun onto her slightly wrinkled face, due to age. "You're running from your problems? What good would that do you?"

"No no! I'm not running away from them, I'm facing them. I'm actually solving my problems, and everyone else's" I state siting up slightly.

"So...you're leaving your friends? You're family-"

"What family Anna?! I have no family! My mom's dead, my dad's dead! I HAVE NO FAMILY LEFT!" I cry and she wraps her arms around me, pulling me up to her as she rubs my hair, letting me cry onto her.

"You have your friends Gracie, they're the closest thing to family you've got now, try not to forget that. And one more thing, you were about to be married to that man and you're just throwing that relationship out the window, maybe you should think about that"