Chapter 63: To leave or not to leave.

"M-my dad wasn't perfect, heck none of us are. But I do know he had good intentions, at least for a part of his life. He was a good dad until my mom um . . . Until she started to go downhill, they were so in love he went down with her, and me being so young I had no choice but to follow in their retched footsteps. However, he came back to me. He wanted to be my dad again and he tried his hardest. Fixed up our old house, even gained my trust again. But sadly, that trust didn't last long for he was horrifically taken from our presence, it wasn't meant to be like this, he wasn't meant to die. Or was he? That's the question I've been asking myself lately, 'Was his death for a purpose? Test my strength or something? Or was it more of a freak accident' this I'll never know unless I move on. I've learned from the past that unless there's a possibility of it coming back, the best thing to do is to let it go. So daddy," I say turning to his coffin. "Thank you for trying. Thanks for . . . Being an amazing dad for as long as you were, I love you." And with that I lay a rose down atop his coffin, followed by Liam and a few of my father's friends.

I was the last to speak, two of my father's friends spoke before I did.

I'm surprised I've held in my tears as long as I have. I need to start keeping this up.

Slowly but surely the coffin starts heading into the cold, dark ground. Never to be seen again. Burials are a sad thing indeed, having someone you love's cold, pale, lifeless body get pampered up as if they were still alive. Is it to make you feel better? Is it to help the pain? Well, if so, it doesn't work. Then, their practically fake bodies are stored into the extremely fancy coffin, the plush inside probably much to comfortable for a dead person, at least my dad will be in the ground peacefully. But the worst part is when it's shut, when the coffin is shut. That last second you will ever see that persons face for the rest of your life, on earth anyways. It's the moment you realize their gone. It's hard to actually realize their gone until that precise moment, when you come to the conclusion you won't see them again, because their body isn't even able to be seen. No more 'I love you's' no more 'goodbyes' it's just gone.

"Are you ok, Gracie?" Liam whispers putting a hand on my shoulder from behind.

"What do you think?" I snap rudely. His eyes are filled with hurt, then they turn to pity. No, not pity. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to"

The coffin is finally lowered into the ground. As the dirt has begun piling onto it I let a few tears fall.

"C'mere" Liam says spinning me around pulling me into a hug. I clench collar of his tuxedo, crying onto his white undershirt. "Shhh," He coos placing his chin atop my head.

I let out a squeal when I'm taken by surprise by a blast of thunder.

"Let's go, yeah?" Liam suggests so I nod as he takes his hand in mine.

I start to walk slower as my tall black heels begin to sink into the muddy ground while walking away from the burial sight.

One heel gets stuck so I stop to pull it out. I grab my calf and forcefully yank it out, nearly toppling over in the process.

"Oh great!" I say sarcastically when it comes out of the ground missing it's heel. I look down and see it stuck in !the mud.

"C'mere babe" He says swooping me off my feet in a bridal style.

My life is as like it's been turned upside down. Like when you turn over a snow globe and the snow falls off of everything and to the top, leaving everything boring, left with no life in it, and well, upside down. That's me right now, my snow globe is upside down, the snow is at the top, unable to fall making things pretty and full of life again. An example is right now. Liam, carrying my bridal style. No, not out of the the chapel we were in not to long ago, not to the limo we had rented, and not to the hotel honeymoon sweet we had booked. But instead I'm being carried away from a burial sight, my fathers burial sight. Some things are to far gone to be fixed, but I've got to turn my snow globe the right way.