Chapter 20

Somewhere I Need To Find.

*

Third Person POV

Izuku looked up at the plain inn ceiling that he became all too familiar with. Everything around him felt wrong... almost out of place. The lamp shade was crooked and the light would flicker every minute and thirty-two seconds on the dot. The window had spots from the rain from the night before. The painting hanging on the ceiling was too bright and full of color compared to the dull tan walls that had six cracks in the right wall, three in the left wall, one on the wall in front of him, and fourteen on the wall behind the bed (he didn't want to know where those cracks came from but honestly in a world full of horny alphas and quirks, he pretty much already knew what happened here.)

It wasn't just the environment though, it was the atmosphere. The green haired boy usually found himself smiling or laughing or thinking of his friends, but right now, there was nothing. He felt empty. For some reason even if he had only gotten a couple hours of sleep every once in a while, he didn't feel tired. The only way that Izuku could describe how he felt was completely and utterly numb. He laid down on the way too creaky bed, his body stiff and uncomfortable. His hair was plastered against his forehead and the pillow, but his body felt so distant from his mind.

For once in his life, he really didn't know what he was doing. The world was progressing around Midoriya and he had no idea how on Earth he was going to catch up to it.

"What am I supposed to do now," he pondered into the empty space, "Do I really even want to go back? Should I go back?"

There was no one to come back to. He pushed away the couple of people he considered his best friends and most importantly, he couldn't talk or face Kacchan after what he overheard in the halls. It still haunted his memory everyday, the fact that Katsuki had a mate and Izuku was just getting in between their happiness. Was he being a home wrecker? God, that was literally the last thing that he ever wanted to do to his childhood friend. There was no way he could go back to U.A. in a week or so, if Midoriya could, he most definitely would ask whoever was up there to let him disappear off the face of the Earth. If he goes back, he has to spend all this time looking at the back of Bakugou's head. That sounds so lame because why would the back of someone's head make his heart beat out of his chest? Izuku had no answer to that question either. All he knew is he had to leave and as soon as possible. He picked up his phone and began to dial. There was only one person he could imagine calling right now.

Ring.

Please

Ring.

Pick

Ring.

Up.

Katsuki ran all over campus, completely out of breath. Where the fuck could the nerd have gone? When's the last time anyone had seen him? Last night right? The kid could be half way across the world on an airplane and Bakugou would have no clue. No matter where Deku was though, Katsuki promised himself that he would always find him eventually. But that wasn't what was eating at him, what would make Deku run away in the first place? What would make his childhood friend snap at his friends?

Bakugou couldn't feel his legs but by the way the world was just a blur around him, he knew that he was moving. No, not moving. He was running as fast as his legs could take him, sprinting, almost flying. Everytime Katsuki blinked, he could see that stupid smile of his Deku. That smile that the blond wanted to be the cause of forever. Deku was happy. He was always happy. That's just how it worked. He made the class brighter, even when he was annoying muttering mess. Deku inspired the entire class, could it really be possible that Katsuki knew nothing about his childhood friend?