Chapter 1

Anxious, Excited, and Afraid

*

(12 Years after the Prologue)

Izuku Midoriya's POV

The class seems awake and full of life today. You can't be surprised though, this is class 2-A and the last day of school before a very important day would be coming up. I quietly sigh and rest my head on my desk. As much as I hate to admit it, I was excited and dreading the day at the same time.

"Okay class calm down," Mr. Aizawa orders, "I know everyone is very excited about the New Year that is coming up. I just wanted to take the time today to make sure everyone stays safe and chooses the right person to mark, and not go crazy and mark the wrong person."

My heart aches every time I even think about this whole alpha and marking process. After that fateful day with my mom in the doctor's office, I vowed I would never tell anyone my second race. I was the rare case of being a male omega, how embarrassing. Mr. Aizawa continued to talk about the precautions one should take when they find their mate.

"Deku! Hello?" A sweet girly voice snapped me out of my daze.

"Oh hey Uraraka," I say with a smile, trying to hide the fact that I was moping only two seconds ago.

"So.. what do you think?" she asks.

"Uh.. about what?" I realized I tuned out all the students talking so I was totally lost with the situation at hand.

"Would an alpha like you care to join the second years at the New Years slash Mate finding party?" she grins as the entire class leans into our conversation.

I shuddered, if only I was an alpha right? Everyone thought of me as one due to the powerful quirk that I obtained. But deep down I was just an omega.

"Yeah Midoriya! You should totally come!" said a familiar spiky red head.

"I mean there's no point in not going right?" I assure my classmates.

"Like useless Deku could actually find a mate while looking like that. I feel bad for whoever has to deal with him for the rest of their lives."

I felt my eyes well up. Everyone knew there was only one person that treated me like literal garbage, the one and only Kacchan. I know Kacchan I feel bad for them too.

"I know most of you aren't listening but this year's Mate Finding party will be the first hosted in the hands of UA, therefore no funny business," the half dead teacher announces.

The students cheer and continue to talk amongst themselves and how they believe that this year's matching would play out. I once again became lost in my thoughts, once that party comes, everyone will know my second race. Omegas can't even do anything to find their mate, they just sit and wait for their alpha to come to them.

"Bakugou is definitely going to find some hot girl from a different class," Kirishima nudges at the blonde boy.

Kacchan of course began to smirk. That one of a kind Kacchan smirk. The one full of power and strength. We all knew he was going to find an amazing mate, the two would basically take on the world together. It was written in the stars or something. Tears began to spill from my eyes and wouldn't stop. Why am I so weak?

"Well I think the cutest couple of mates will definitely be Uraraka and Midoriya!" Tsu smiles and points to the two of us.

Quickly the tears turned into a bright red flush of color on both of our faces. As much as being mates with your best friend sounded, I didn't really feel that way for her. Sure she was nice and pretty but.. she's an omega too and that never works out right. I look up to her and we make eye contact which she quickly breaks. I know she doesn't like me, right?

(Time Skip to After Class)

Uraraka still didn't make eye contact with me after the comment that Tsu made. As much as I wished that it wasn't true, I had a gut feeling that she liked me and hoped I would be her mate. I was about to say something to her but Iida, our beta of the group, interrupted.

"Midoriya and Uraraka, would you like to come to my house after school today in order to, how do I put this, hang out?" Iida asks us, mostly looking at Uraraka though.

"Yeah sure of course! I'll be over by six, sound okay?" I reply.

The two nodded as we said our goodbyes. After they left, my mind kept drifting off to the day that was to come. Would my mate be a pretty girl, but wouldn't that mean a girl would be the dominant one? I have nothing against girls or anything, they truly run the world. Like look at my mom, I put her through so much just being the weak and frail child I am, but she has made it her mission to help support me no matter what. It's just I know Kacchan will make fun of me even more. I sigh again,

I hope someone can love me like this. For the pathetic excuse for a hero that I am.

I continue to walk out of the school gate while looking at my bright red shoes. I began to mumble to myself all the things that could go wrong and tears start to fill my eyes once more.

CRASH.

I hear books fall to the floor as I fell back.

"O-Oh my go-goodness! I'm s-so so-sorry!! I should've watched where I was going. I'm such a mess aha," I laugh nervously, picking up the books that fell.

I finally look up to the person I crashed into, giving them an apologetic (and helplessly awkward) smile. I was met with angry, glaring eyes.

"Kacchan?"

*
998 words! HELLO!!! CHAPTER ONE IS DONE! this was also pretty lame but I'm so happy to see people are actually reading this story aha. this chapter is only building up to the main party so be patient everyone, it's getting there heh xD

thank u for reading and voting ;)) ok bye xD

-k