Scott finally managed to open the gate with Emily's help and Lydia looked at them with a pained expression. "We have to hurry up and find them."

The True Alpha saw the look of sheer terror on her face and felt his heart drop. "Is it one of your feelings?" He asked and when she nodded, he spun around and started running. He had to make it in time to keep someone else from dying.

Emily watched him go on ahead and was prepared to help because she didn't want Stiles to live with that guilt. "Em! Em, I can't." Stiles breathed, falling tiredly to the ground and she quickly caught him with Lydia's help.

"Hey, Stiles." She slapped his cheek gently when his eyes started to droop. "You need to stay awake. Come on, don't pass out. We need to make sure that everyone stays alive remember?" She turned to Lydia once he was unconscious and didn't like the look on her best friends face. "Lydia, don't do it."

She could hear the fighting the distance and knew that once she screamed, it would be over

It felt like time had suddenly slowed down and everything around them was silent except for the wail that came from Lydia and Emily could hear the sound of the sword penetrating skin.

The strawberry blonde screamed out the name, unable to contain herself anymore.

Emily felt her lips part in shock at the name and knew that her eyes were wet with unshed tears unlike her best friend who was now crying out in anguish. Her grip on Stiles loosened as she reached out and pulled Lydia into her arms, the girls sobs echoing in the tunnels.

Allison Argent was dead.

oOo

Eli exhaled, sitting down on the couch with an expression of disbelief. Cece caught his expression as she set her book down and glanced at Malia who was trying to flick out her claws like they told her to try. "What happened?"

His brown eyes flickered to her. "Allison Argent is dead. She was killed by one of the oni. Emily is taking Stiles to the kitsune's house while the rest go to the police station and give them a fake story on what happened." He didn't mention the favor that the pureblood had asked of him and it was going to take a while for him to complete. He promised to not say anything around Malia so, he would have to tell Cece at a later date.

Cece straightened up. "Is Emily okay?"

Malia glanced at the two, setting her hands in her lap. "Why wouldn't Emily be okay?" She hadn't see the pureblood in what seemed like forever. She was still adjusting to being human and showing empathy.

"Because Allison was her friend and she doesn't exactly do well with loss." Cece said softly, recalling how her niece had been hell bent on vengeance.

Eli scoffed. "That's putting it mildly." He stood up from his spot. "Anyways, I'm going out. I'll see you later."

The older pureblood sighed, hearing the front door shut and turned to the werecoyote who questioned her, "When is Emily going to come back?"