Chapter 35

Victoria

Tonight was the night of the last high school Homecoming that I'd be attending. Me, and pretty much every Senior in the school, was excited about tonight. It's our last official Homecoming as high school students so we had to make tonight count. Tonight has to be perfect.

I've been to plenty of Homecoming's before. All of mine and Theodore's, each time wearing a differen't outfit so I had to go all out this year. Every year I'd wear a dress of some sort, so this year I went with wearing pants instead. I wore an all black, crocheted woven jumpsuit that I got from Forever21 and a pair all gold Giuseppe pumps. Theodore and I weren't matching tonight, but he still looked good on his own. Like many of the other guys, he didn't have on a suit. He wore an all black tonight, so I guess we matched with the all black thing. I even let Charmaine straighten my hair earlier today, so it hung past my shoulders.

"Smile!" One of the girls from the Newspaper said to Teddy and I when we walked into the hall. 

Teddy slung his arm around my waist and the two of us smiled for the picture before going down to where everybody else was at. Surprisingly, the school out did themselves with Homecoming. The venue actually looked nice, and nothing trashy like I expected it to be. In the previous years, there were decent venues but nothing compared to this one.

"Look, there go tha squad," Teddy said, pointing towards a group of people standing around, joking and taking pictures.

"Gah damn V!" Nate yelled as he fanned himself off.

I laughed. "I look that good?" I smirked. 

"You look damn good guh," he pulled me into a tight hug. "And you smell good as hell too. I'm fuckin' jealous."

Teddy chuckled. "Well stay yo' jealous ass away man."

Nate waved him off as he turned back to some hoe he was entertaining for the night. I think he said her name was Sophia or something. She was decent but I knew he could do better. Her weave wasn't even laying right with her real hair and she didn't even get her nails done tonight, or put on any makeup to cover up her face but that's what NAte likes. All he's after is punani.

"SQUUUUAD!"

We all looked up to see Big Rob walking over to us with Hazel on his arm. I smiled. Damn. They looked good. Hazel and I went shopping like we said we would, but she didn't find anything she wanted when we were out but I guess she found something. She had on this burgundy, criss-cross, cut out, bodycon dress that looked good on her, but she matched with rob. He had on a burgundy bow tie and even did the most with a burgundy studded cane.

I laughed, along with some of the other guys when we saw his cane.

"The fuck you gotta cane for?" Teddy asked as he gave him dap.

"This all for show. It's got the niggas and the hoes lookin'," Rob laughed.

I shook my head and wrapped my arms around Hazel. 

"Damn, you look good Hazel."

She laughed. "So, do you McDonald but we need to go to the restroom," She whispered in my ear.

I nodded my head before turning to Teddy. "We're going to the bathroom, we'll be right back." I grabbed Hazel's hand and the two of us walked back up the steps and down a hallway to the restroom, that already smelled of sweated out hair and period. I shook my head, disgusted with these trifling girls. "What's up?"

"I did something before I got here."

"What?" I asked.

"Rodney called me from prison while I was getting ready tonight and I kind of answered."