Chapter 3

Sincere

I took a deep breath and knocked on Victoria's door. I know I've been hard on her but it's for a good reason. My Mom was never hard enough on me and gave up on our relationship when things got rough and I wasn't trying to let that happen between Victoria and I. And Effrin and I just don't want her making the same mistakes we did when we were her age.

"Yeah?" She asked, pulling open the door. She was still wearing her dress from the party, her makeup was still on her face but it was smeared down her cheeks like she had been crying.

"What's going on baby?"

She shook her head. "Nothing, you won't understand," She said, trying to close her door but I stopped her.

"Just talk to me Victoria, please?" I asked. I knew our relationship had been skating on thin ice lately but she knew she could always talk to me about anything, like she always has. but here lately the two of us haven't been getting in that much talking, more like arguing 24/7. She sighed and moved over so I could come in her room that I hadn't been in, in what seems like forever. If we weren't arguing she was always up in her room, ignoring me. 

I sat down on her bed and patted the spot next to me. "So, what's going on?" I asked as she sat down next to me, clearly upset.

She shook her head. "It's nothing Mama."

"Well I'm not leaving until you tell me what's going on. Aren't you happy about your birthday and the party?" I asked.

"Of course I'm happy but...it's nothing," She mumbled.

"If you say it's nothing again I'm going to beat your ass until you tell me."

She quickly jumped up. "See! This is why I can't ever talk to you! You're so rude!" She yelled.

I sighed. "Look, I'm sorry Tori. Just sit down and tell me what's going on." She rolled her eyes and sat down next to me on her bed, with her arms folded. "So, you just aren't going to speak?" I asked.

She shook her head and looked away from me, causing me to sigh. I hate the way our relationship has turned out over the years but I knew it was time I tried changing things. I couldn't let Victoria drift away from me like I did with my Mother.

"Well, why were you crying earlier at your party?" I asked.

"No reason," She mumbled.

"Come on, there has to be a reason why you were crying at your party. Did one of your friends upset you or something?"

"Something like that," She said, wiping up here tears that began to pour down her face. I sighed and wrapped my arms around her as I pulled her into my chest. "It's Teddy, Mama. He made me so upset tonight you don't even understand."

"I know it can't be that bad that Teddy sent you home crying."

"I think it is that bad this time," She replied. "I think he broke up with me."

"How long have you two been together?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, but not even a full 24 hours. If I tell you what's going on can you promise not to tell Daddy?" She asked, sitting up.

"Yeah. Just talk to me, female to female. Don't even worry about Effrin. All of your secrets are with me," I told her.

"Well Teddy's been trying to...you know what with me for years."

I raised my eyebrows. "By 'you know what', you mean have sex?" I whispered.

She nodded her head, yes. "Yeah."