Chapter 28

Victoria

I closed my eyes as my stiff body rested against the cold, hard bench under me. I don't know how I ended up behind bars. One minute I was sitting on Big Rob's porch with the guys, then the next thing I know I'm being pushed into a police car all because of something that happened a few days ago, but it's not my fault. She deserved it. She deserved every minute of it.

2 Day's Earlier

"Man, yo' ass gon' go to jail fighting hoes like her!" Theodore yelled as he continued to speed away from Shyla's apartments, but I kept my head turned while the tears poured out of my eyes. "Aye, you hear me talkin' to you?"

I took a deep breath, trying to catch it since it left while I was beating the hell out of Shyla. I don't care what Theodore's yelling, she deserved it. I don't know what she thought I was gonna do, but I wasn't going to let her get away with making me look like a punk when I was in no shape to fight her crazy ass back. She better be glad Theodore was there to pull me away, or I would have hopped down those stairs and continued kicking her stomach in.

"I don't know why you care so much! It's not like you even wanted that baby!" I huffed.

"That ain't the point. You knew she was pregnant."

"And you knew I didn't give a damn. How do you even know if she's pregnant? Where's the fuckin' pregnancy test? And it's not like the baby was gonna be able to survive! Don't fool yourself, thinking you were really gonna be a father this soon. You better start using yo' brain nigga, 'cause obviously you ain't."

He scrunched up his face as he glanced over at me. "What the hell is wrong with you? Keenon done turned you out that much? Why you talkin' so reckless? You know I'll beat'cho ass if you keep talkin' to me like I'm some fuckin' bitch."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, right," I sarcastically replied. "Beat my ass and see who's Daddy is gonna kill who. If you ever thought about laying a finger on me my Daddy will have you killed in 2.3 seconds. Don't fuck with me 'cause you know I'll call him."

"Whatever," Theodore shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not scared of yo' Daddy."

"Yes you are, or else you'd beat my ass," I mocked him.

"Shut up Victoria. You know you could have killed her."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Oh well. If she's dead then, so what? I'll go to jail and rot there. It's not like you'll care, so stop acting like you would. Damn. That bitch could go to jail for sleeping with you and using an infected condom when she knew she had Chlamydia. I was fighting for you because I know you wouldn't put your hands on a girl," I replied.

"I don't care. It could have been handled another way."

"No it couldn't. You were apologizing to her. I'm not friends with no punk nigga."