|Chapter 35. Happy Paradise|

After several weeks, I wake up this beautiful morning by smelling the roses that are lying on the pillow beside me. A smile crosses my face and I slowly reach over to pick up the red roses. I stare at them lovingly and notice a tiny note attached. Before I am able to read the note aloud, I hear Manik's deep voice echo in my ear, "Happy one month anniversary sweetheart."

I turn around and cock my eyebrow as I reply, "Manik... we celebrated our one month anniversary of our marriage about three weeks ago... remember?"

Manik pulls me into his arms and nuzzles into my neck replying, "Yes I know, but this is the one month anniversary of when we finally became one."

A blush makes its way across my cheeks as I say, "Oh, that anniversary." He brushes the hair away from my face, places it behind my ear, and distractedly replies, "Yes, that anniversary." Manik holds onto my chin and stares at my lips adoringly. I shyly tell him, "These flowers are lovely. I'm going to put them in some water."

He holds me hand and doesn't seem ready to leave it anytime soon. He pulls me towards him, making my body brush against his. He slowly says, "Nandini stop running from me." I hesitantly look into his eyes and reply, "Manik I'm sorry... It's just that I feel a little guilty. I mean it shouldn't have taken me so long to realize that I love you. I wasted so much time because I was too stubborn to give you a chance and I'm sorry." I taste the bitterness of my tears as they touch my lips.

I look up at Manik with tears clouding my eyes and he shakes his head as he wipes my tears away. He says, "Nandini you have no reason to feel guilty. I don't regret any of the time we spent apart because in the end... it was all worth it and do you know why?"

I sniff, "Why?"

He smiles as he holds onto my face, "Because one month ago when you finally listened to your heart, you made me the happiest man alive! I gained more than I had ever lost Nandini. And even if you hadn't confessed then, I would have waited for you until the end of time..."

I smile, "I know and I love you for that!"

He presses his lips to mine replying, "Good... Now today I am taking you out to dinner to celebrate."

I play with his shirt collar and ask, "Can we just stay in and watch a movie? Mom and Dad are going to a dinner party with Abhi bhaiya and Mukti bhabhi. I kind of already promised Mukti bhabhi we would look after Aryan for them..."

He smiles, "Whatever you want Nandini." He flicks my nose cutely and walks out the room leaving me smiling.

Manik and I go downstairs to say bye to Mukti Bhabhi and Abhi Bhai and to take their little devil off their hands for the night. Manik and I wave to them as they all leave and then Aryan tugs on Manik's pants asking cutely, "Ice cream?"

Manik looks up at me for permission and I nod. Manik grins and turns to Aryan, "Sure champ, come on let's go before Nandini Chachi changes her mind!"

Manik picks him up and we all walk towards the kitchen. Manik sits him down on the counter, and I get out the ice cream from the freezer. I hand Aryan his bowl of ice cream, and he exclaims, "Thanks Chachi!" I ruffle his hair and give him a kiss. Manik smiles as I hand over his bowl of ice cream and he leans his cheek forward expecting a kiss as well. I blush as I look at Aryan sitting there watching his naughty uncle. Aryan asks, "Chachi, Manik Chacha wants a kiss too!"

I grin and give Manik a quick kiss, making sure he doesn't try to take advantage of the moment. Manik gets Aryan down and we all walk into the living room to watch a movie.