|Chapter 8. Plan Over?? |

I end up being backed up against the wall. Great this is just what I need, to be backed against a wall wearing only a towel!
I look towards the side, trying to avoid his eyes. He takes hold of my chin, forcing me to look into his passion driven eyes. He tucks a loose strand behind my ear, while smirking at my awkwardness. He softly whispers, "I really like you Nandini..." I open mouth to say something, but can't seem to find the words. He keeps leaning in closer and I know what he is about to do.

All I can get out is, "W-we c-can't

All I can get out is, "W-we c-can't..." Manik interrupts by capturing my lips. I tightly shut my eyes, not wanting to break down because of the familiarity of the kiss. As soon as I start to respond, he pulls away mumbling, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have... I'll wait for you in the lobby..." He walks out the door, while I breathe deep breaths. What the heck just happened?

So... it looks like I may have underestimated the effect his kisses had on me. Hey, it's been a while, okay? The kiss from last night was different because I was calling the shots, but just now I had no control whatsoever. I can't believe I started responding to his kiss, but I wasn't suppose give into him just yet. One thing I can conclude is that last night Manik realized that he really liked me, that it is more than just attraction and lust anyways.Therefore, I guess it is a positive thing.

I decide to put my thoughts aside and get ready for the meeting. I settle on wearing a light blue dress with my black boots. No, I did not look like a bumblebee thank you very much! I wear my hair in a messy bun and all that holds it together is just a blue stick. I smirk knowing that Manik will want to pull the stick out of my hair, to watch my hair cascade down to my shoulders. How do I know that, well he's a guy isn't he? Hmm, actually that is debatable, JUST KIDDING!

 How do I know that, well he's a guy isn't he? Hmm, actually that is debatable, JUST KIDDING!

The ride there is filled with an awkward silence. I want to break it, but Manik doesn't look my way even though he can sense my stare. The most he does is look at me from the corner of his eye and eventually I give up trying to get rid of the weirdness. When we arrive, we both make our way to the meeting. We quickly read over the paperwork, nod in agreement, and then sign the necessary paperwork. Then with a simple handshake we were on our way back to our hotel.

Manik doesn't get out of the car when we reach the hotel and just sits there silently. He slowly looks towards me with those big apologetic eyes.

Oh, this aught to be good! Manik says slowly, "Nandini I'm sorry about earlier, I shouldn't have done that!"