Friends till the end?

hey, this is a new story im trying out, and I hope you like it:)

<3 ninja turtle

----

"Well, what have we here?" My best friend of five years, Josh, said. I groaned.

"Give me that back! Don't make me jump on you!" I said to him. He held up his hands in surrender.

"Okay, okay, I give up. You can have your crayons back. Geesh, you're just like you were five years ago, when I first met you!" He gave me back my crayons. I smiled as he handed them to me.

"Why, thank you kind sir!" I said with a British accent. He smiled.

"That's the worst accent that I've heard, ever." He laughed as I tried to smack him on the arm, but I accidentally fell off my chair. I started laughing too. I got up off the floor, and sat back in my chair, reaching for the green to color my trees. I looked outside for a few seconds, staring at the beautiful landscape. There were birds and animals of all kinds. There were tall green trees, and a lake that was as blue as a summer sky.

"Okay, where's the orange? Do you have the orange?" I told him. I needed it for my sun. He pointed to the right of the table. It rolled almost to the edge.

"Okay, so are you done?" I asked him. He shook his head. I sighed.

"Hurry up, I want to go swimming? We're in the middle of the forest with a beautiful lake, and we're stuck inside doing coloring. Why does this sound wrong for some reason?" I just hit him on the arm. I smiled.

He got up and walked over to me. I didn't know what he planned on doing, but I just kept on coloring.

All of a sudden, I felt myself being lifted up from my chair. I shrieked.

"Hey, put me down! You are so going to die when I get my hands on you, put me down!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. He just kept on walking.

I looked up and started laughing uncontrollably. "No, not the lake! Anything but the lake!" I shouted. He might as well have been deaf. I stared at the undisturbes water, wondering how cold it was. Was it as cold as ice, like the scene it portrays?

"Wheeee!!!!" We both shouted as Josh jumped into the lake with me still in his arms.

"Gah, this water is freezing!" I told Josh as I came up out of the lake. He shook his head.

"Well, I don't know about you, but that felt refreshing! Let's go change so we can hit the road.

"Darn, it's already the end of summer. Time sure flies when you're having fun! Oh, well, school isn't so bad. At least I got to have some fun times with Josh while it was here.

"Hey, Josh, wait up!" I called to him.

"Hurry up Sam, We don't have all day!" I started running, and I jumped up onto his back. He hitched my legs up and started running. I laughed. We reached the tent, and grabbed out bags. I headed to the bathrooms to get changed, letting him have the tent.

When I was done changing, I walked up to the tent. I waited outside until I heard him leave the tent.

"Boo!" I shouted. He jumped, dropping the things he was holding.

"Holy crap, Sam! You scared me!" He held a hand to his heart. I stuck my tongue out at him. Yes, I'm going into grade eleven, but I'm still not mature! Live a little, because you never know when it's going to be your last day.

"Okay, everything's packed up, and ready to go. The only thing we're missing is us." Josh said to me. I took one last look around the place that we're leaving. So sad that we have to leave so soon. I didn't even get to see a moose.

I hopped up into the front, and popped in a cd. I nodded my head to guns 'n' roses, while Josh backed the truck up and out of the campsite. I smiled. I don't even know why we became friends. It just felt right.

The only reason we became friends, or I think the only reason, is some girls were picking on me, and he came up, this was in grade six, and told them to get lost. I was really thankful, and then we just started hanging out together. It just happened. Even back then, he was one of the popular kids in school. At least I think that was the only reason. The truth was, I kind of had a crush on him, fron the moment I saw him, and every time I hung out with him, I had the feeling of belonging. Is that weird?

"Hey, how long before we get there?" I whined after like two hours. He looked over from the driver's seat, and smiled at me.

"Just another half hour, then we'll be home." He said home because we live beside each other. I always ride to school with him in his nice mustang.

"Well, we're here," He told me a little while later. I yawned. I must have dozed off or something.

I took my bags and stuff out of his trunk, and knocked on the door. My mom opened it for me, and grabbed a couple bags. I just dropped them in my messy room, and ran back down the stairs. I stood on the porch, and waved to Josh, who was taking in his bags.

"Bye, Josh. remember to get me up at seven for school, because you're my ride!" I saw him wave behind him to acknowledge me. I walked back inside and flopped down on my bed.

"School tomorrow. I can't wait to see all my friends again. I smiled as I fell asleep.

---

Well, did you like it? It's only my second story, but I love it. Comment if you have any ideas for where this could go. I would love the input! Well, vote, comment, fan!