Secrets no more

Okay, so I'm officially taking this story off hold! Yay! *holds for applause* So, I might not be updating as regularly as I might hope to, But i'll still write and get something up for you guys :D Have fun reading!

~~~

Recap:

"What happened to me? I feel so dizzy." She groaned, holding a hand up to her face. She then took in Frank crouching behind her, and her eyes widened. She looked at me. I showed her my teeth, which were still long from my change. She whimpered, and drew back into her husband. I saw my Alpha frown at me, and I looked down, ashamed.

He turned to me.

"I think we all need to talk." He stated seriously. I nodded, looking away. I picked up Sam, and followed him out of the house.

~~~

I crossed my arms, then uncrossed them. I didn't want to appear threatening. I didn't know what was happening to me, but maybe Ken knew. He looked like he was...afraid of me? no, that couldn't be it...could it? I shook my head, feeling dizzy. I looked over to where Sam and her parents were standing. She was standing a little ways away from them, and they were looking at her longingly, like they wanted to go over to her, but didn't dare.

"So, what is happening?" I growled, flinching from my tone. It felt raw...powerful. Different. I didn't like it at all.

Ken shook his head. "I never thought it would happen. Mostly, it leaves us alone...but I guess it made an exception for some reason. I think I know what it is." He looked at me.

"A black-eyed demon." Everyone who was in the room crossed themselves.

"Why do you think that?" Frank said, uneasily shifting from side-to-side. He just changed back recently. Ken shifted to look at him.

"Well, there have been a couple accounts of werewolves being possessed by these certain demons, but one pops up the most. Her name is Genevieve. She was created in the 1350's by a witch. She was supposedly suffering in hell for who knows how long, when she became a demon." I looked at him.

"How do you know all this?" Ken smiled.

"Well, we caught one of her 'helpers', and questioned him until he gave us everything he knew. She is not a thing to be messed with." He looked at all of us. "If any of you see or hear about her, tell me. I'll deal with her." He looked angry, and I wondered if it had anything to do with his life at all.

"Okay, so, onto the next question...why did she possess Sam's mom?" I looked at him, and he wiped his forehead. He took in a deep breath.

"Sam is your mate, right?" I nodded, too shocked to do anything else. he nodded.

"It all has to do with you." He nodded at me, and I widened my eyes.

"What, me? What...why?" I managed to speak through the closing of my throat. He smiled sadly.

"You are one of the most powerful creatures I have ever seen. Today, when Sam was in danger, did you feel anything, anything at all?" He stared at me, and I swallowed. I remembered when I felt the searing pain run across my body like rays of the sun were burning my skin off. I nodded hesitantly.

"It hurt, didn't it?" I nodded again. He closed his eyes.

"You are the first I have seen. I thought you might be one, but I hoped..." He trailed off. I frowned. What did he mean by, he hoped?

He opened his eyes, and they were glowing yellow, staring deep into me.

"You are one of the rarest types of werewolves. People call you the "Yee naaldlooshii". The skin-walkers. You are the most powerful of our race. I assume you got tattoos?" By now I was dumbfounded. Skin-walkers. What the hell? I shook my head, it was all too much to take in.

"You haven't gotten the tattoos?" I looked at him. I slowly shook my head.

"Why do the tattoos matter?" I asked lowly. I didn't care if he flinched.

"Well, they...they are the things that hold you together. Your thoughts, your dreams. your love...that's what the tattoos are. Without them, you could lose yourself." I looked down. I don't know why I didn't tell him about the tattoos. It just didn't feel...right. I looked over to Sam.

"But why go after Sam? Why not just come to me?"

"Well, they thought that she was your mate, and they aren't often wrong. Since you love her, and the tattoos represent love, and they're what holds your power, they thought taking her out would weaken you. Break your tattoos. Drain your power. You are too strong to come face to face with, they have to find some way of making you weak, making you hurt." He finished, and it was quiet.

"Also, when you finally mate...it is passed along to her. I guess they didn't want to risk there being two of the skin-walkers." He looked away. I looked over to Sam, but she didn't look scared. She looked determined. I frowned. She looked at me, and motioned me outside. I nodded.

"So, what do you think of all this?" She asked me when we made it outside. I shrugged.

"I honestly don't know. I mean, I never felt different than the rest of my pack, but I guess it doesn't show up like that." She was looking at me. I felt nervous for some reason, then realized it was HER nervousness I was feeling. I swallowed.

"So is it true?" She asked me quietly. "is it true what he said? That you...love me?" She said shyly, her head down. I smiled. How could she not realise I have loved her since the day I set eyes on her? I took her face in my hands, and made her look at me.

"I have always loved you." I said, as I lowered my face gently down to hers, feeling her relief. I knew that she loved me too, just she didn't realise it. I smiled, then pulled away.

"Well, this was a rough night. You might want to get some sleep." I suggested and she frowned.

"Yeah okay, but I need to speak to my parents first." She waked away, leaving me standing there. I smiled and shook my head, walking to my car and waited for her.

Sam's POV

I made my way through the crowd looking for my parents. I saw them talking with a few people, but they left as soon as they saw me.

I got right down to the point.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell me what I...what we were?" I said, disappointed in them. They looked ashamed.

"We wanted to get away from all this. We felt safer with you not knowing about what you were. We only did if for your protection." They pleaded, and I think I believed them. But that didn't mean I was ready to forgive them. Not yet. I nodded and walked to the car. To Josh.

~~~