What do you mean, Mate?

Sam's POV

I opened my eyes, wondering where I was. I felt something move and roll towards me, and someone placed their arm over me, bringing me closer to him. I looked over into the face of Josh, and he looked different somehow. His face kind of shined, and his muscles had more definitions, and his hair had gotten blond streaks, with a little bit of blue on the end. So little, that if I wasn't looking very hard, you wouldn't see it. I shook my head, confused.

Suddenly, his eyes opened. I flushed, embarrassed that he caught me openly staring at him. At first, he didn't move, then he smiled, and wrapped his arms around me more. I nuzzled my way closer to him, sighing contentedly.

"So, what are we?" I suddenly heard from him. I felt my head snap up, clipping him in the chin. He groaned, and I gasped, putting my hand up to my mouth.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hit you!" I told him. He smiled, and said it was fine.

"Well, what are we?" He asked again. I rubbed the back of my neck, uncomfortable.

"Well, what do you want us to be?" I asked him, avoiding the question. I didn't know if he still wanted to be just friends, even thought we kissed last night. He blew out a sigh, and looked straight into my eyes.

"I would like it if you would be my girlfriend." He said, still staring deeply into my eyes. I felt my eyes widen, then a smiled broke through. I threw my arms around him.

"I would love to!" I almost squealed, then jerked back a little, embarrassed. I laughed softly.

"Sorry about that. I'm just a little excited, you know, considering I've had a crush on you for years..." I trailed off, then realized what I said. My eyes flew to his, and he was smirking.

"So, how many years did you say you had a crush on me?" He teased me, and I laughed, blushing, and hit him gently on the shoulder. He didn't even flinch.

"About four years..." I muttered. I felt his hand on my chin, and he kissed me softly.

"Funny. That's about how long I've liked you." He stated, and I smiled.

"Wow." I jumped out of bed, and threw some clothes on. I looked back at where Josh was still on the bed, hands resting behind his head.

"Race you to the kitchen," I said as I ran down the stairs. I felt him come after me, and heard his footsteps on the stairs, coming down fast. I rushed into the kitchen, gasping for breath. I felt him slide in behind me.

"I win," I stated as I went to the fridge to get some eggs out.

"Nope, I win," I felt his breath down the back of my neck. I smiled, then bent down and reached into the fridge for milk, and stuff. I felt his hands on my hips, and I backed up, and turned around. He had a pained look on his face. I stifled a giggle and leaned in slowly to whisper in his ear. I heard his erratic breathing.

"No, I think I win." I pulled back, and went to get the pots to cook breakfast. I heard him growl in frustration. I turned to look back at him.

"Hey, I was wondering this morning. Why does your hair have blond and blue streaks in it? and Your muscles seem more defined." His jaw set a little. Then I remembered last night. How he looked with fire in his eyes, and his slinking walk, with veiled lust for me in his eyes. I shivered just thinking about it. He was staring at me with his jaw muscles working.

"What was going on last night? You seemed so different than you usually were." I asked him flatly. I saw him stiffen, and I couldn't help but think that he was hiding something.

"I felt a little different last night. I think I might have been a little sick," He told me smoothly, but I thought it sounded like a lie. But there was nothing I could do to make him tell me the truth. So I just left it at that, and dished up breakfast.