Chapter 22

As the thoughts kept clouding my mind I started approaching Arthur's house. My heart started racing for some unknown reason as I lifted my hand to knock. Was he ever going to tell me about this?

A few seconds went by before I finally managed to tap my knuckles on the wooden surface. I didn't even notice when he opened the door so he had to put a hand under chin to make me react.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks as my eyes meets his. I dwelled on if I should talk about if I should mention my talk with Mera or not.

"Why didn't you tell me that you are supposed to be the king of Atlantis?" I ask and he looks surprised at me, probably thinking about who told me this. "Is that why you want me to leave?" I continue as I feel the tears start to emerge in my eyes. He looked speechless for a few seconds before he opened his mouth.

"I didn't think it would mean anything and who told you this?" He says and walks toward me, but I reach my hand out begging him to stop. "You know perfectly well who it was" I answer him and he frowns before sighing. "Mera" He says.

He starts walking towards me again and as last time I beg him to stop, but he continues and soon my hand touching his torso. I look down at where my hand is touching his and feel the tears pouring.

"Why did she say that you weren't capable of loving someone?" I say and look up again into his eyes. He looks up and drag his fingers through his hair. I look at him questioningly as I am waiting for an answer.

He suddenly looks down again and meet my gaze. "Its because of the way I just left. I told her I loved her more as a sister" He says and sighs.

"Did you mean it when you said you loved me?" I ask him and smiles back at me just as the words leave my lips. "Of course" he replies and I just cling my arms around his body. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have believed what Mera said about you loving someone else" I say and wipe my eyes with my one hand. "It's okay"

We walked inside as the night had turned colder and I had started shivering as we stood there. As I watched him place more wood into the fireplace I was sort of making a decision in my head.

If he was supposed to be the king, I couldn't stand in the way for that? While being deep in thought I didn't notice Arthur looking at me.

"You are still thinking about it, huh?" He says and I shake my head. "No... I..."I say but I fin nothing to hide over the fact that I was thinking about it. "Okay, I was thinking about it. I can't stand in the way for you being king of the sea" I say and sigh. "It's not important" He says and walk over to the kitchen.

"Do you want anything?" He asks trying to change the subject, but I were to tired to keep talking about this. "Do you actually have something in there?" I say and get up to walk towards him hunched over, looking into the fridge. "There is some eggs and bacon in here?" He reply and turn around to face me.

"Well then there is egg and bacon for dinner" I say and pull the items out of the fridge. I start making some toast as well while I started cooking. Arthur helps me but makes a complete mess when he tries to crack the eggs over the frying pan. I start laughing as he picks up another one and it cracks in his hand. "Fucking eggs" He says, clearly annoyed and I start laughing even more. "You have to be gentle with them"I tell him and he smiles towards me. I pick one up and tap it at the edge of the pan and make the egg slide perfectly into the pan.

We sat down at the floor by the fireplace, and I watch Arthur stuff his face with what's left of the food. It was nice like this and I liked that he appreciated my cooking. I touch my stomach when I started thinking about us being a family. I guess Arthur noticed me as he placed his plate on the floor. I looked up and met his gaze and removed my hand. "I'm sorry" I say and try a smile at him.

"Do you think there is something in there?" He asks and nods towards my stomach. "I don't know. I guess we have to wait to find out?" I reply him and look down at my stomach again. He leans back and pull a hand through his hair as he sighed.

The t-shirt he was had moved a little bit so you could see the tattoos on his body just above the pant line. I admired them and he noticed that I looked at him.

"What do you want to study when you go to study some day?" He suddenly asks and I looked suprised at him. "Hmm... Well I always had a dream about becoming a marine biologist, because of my love for the sea" I answer him and pull my feet to my chest. I smile as I watched the fire. "I wished I could show you Atlantis, you would have loved it" he says and I sigh. "I hope it is as beautiful as in the books I am reading?" I say and smile at him and he smiles back at me. "It is more awesome than the books" he answer me and I laugh. "Sounds awesome" I reply him and move closer towards him.

"Why don't you want to be king there?" I ask as I place my head on his shoulder. "Because I feel like an outsider. My mom was the queen, but my dad is not the king. He is a lighthouse keeper" he says and I look up at him. "How did your mom find your dad?" I ask, and he look over from the fire eating its way through the wood to me and into my eyes. "He saved her" he reply shortly, and I knew I had been asking to much about a touching subject.

I yawn and stretch before I get up from the floor. I pick up the plates from the floor before walking over to the kitchen to place them in the sink. "Perhaps it is time to go to bed?" I ask and turn around to notice that Arthur had gotten up from the floor as well. "Yeah it is late" he reply me and walks over to the bed.

He seemed so quiet, like I had said something bad. Was this because I asked him why he didn't claim the crown? I really felt the same way about myself when he said he had been an outsider all his life, and believed that it was how we ended up together. We were both outsiders.