"what do you want?"

louis blushed and bit his lip. "a kitten."

"pardon?"

"a kitty!" the blue eyed boy chirped. "louis wants a kitty."

harry slowly learned that louis' mechanism of getting his way is to speak in third person. it was absolutely adorable with his big blue eyes and pretty lips jutted in a pout as he bounced on his toes asking his daddy for something because he's been a good boy. louis has done good, he barely got spanked because he didn't really do anything to get punished for. he did what he was asked to do and got rewarded every time, just this time he wants something other than harry's tongue in him. don't get him wrong, he loves it but he also wants something different.

"is that so?" the gang member raised an eyebrow. "what else does louis want?"

"louis wants a beebee kitty, super little," louis showed him how little with his hands. "so we can raise it to be a big kitty and love it forever."

"would louis take care of the kitty? gotta clean out litter boxes and feed it, a pet is hard work baby."

"'s like a baby but furry!" louis chimed. "it could be a practice round for when we have our own baby."

harry smiled softly. "you're so smart. i love you so much."

louis giggled and placed a teeny kiss onto harry's lips. "pretty please with a hundred cherries on top? i'll suck you off and everything."

harry pretended to think, tapping his chin with pursed lips. the silence made louis anxious and he whined, pulling on harry's hair.

"pleeeaaassseeee?"

"okay, fine," harry caved. "but it's your responsibility. if anything goes wrong and you don't take good care of it, it's gone."

louis squealed and slid onto harry's lap, peppering his face with happy kisses. "thank you so much!"

"go eat something and we can go," harry patted louis' back, kissing him. "we'll go to the shelter and then to the pet store."

---

louis held harry's hand as he gazed at the animals surrounding him. it made him sad that all these kitties had no home and had to stay at the animal shelter but it also made him happy knowing he was gonna save one. there were big cats of all types and ages, plus little kittens in the nursery. harry watched as a little one chased after a toy on the floor and released louis' hand, kneeling to look through the glass.

"look how little," the older man cooed. louis sat beside him and eyed every feline.

"i want them all," louis pressed his nose to the window. "can we take them all, daddy?"

"no, love," harry chuckled. "just one for now."

louis pouted but continued to watch and he squealed when a little white kitten padded towards them. it had big blue eyes, as bright as louis' and meowed even though they couldn't hear it. harry checked through the papers taped onto the glass and found the image of that exact kitten, already knowing it touched his boy's heart.

"it's a girl, her name is alice," harry hummed. "she's two months old."

"she's so beautiful," louis whispered.

"you want her?" harry turned his head.

louis smiled as the little cat tried to paw at the glass. "yes!"

harry stood and found the receptionist that led them around, telling her they decided on which one they wanted to adopt. harry paid the fee to get the cat chipped and signed many papers while louis held the tiny animal in his arms. harry signed their names under harry and louis styles, paying the adoption amount and went ahead and bought a little pink collar for alice.

"you're officially ours, little kitten," harry said and scratched alice's head, who purred happily and rooted up against his finger.

"thank you, harry," louis smiled and harry did as well, holding the cat in one hand as they went to the car to drive to the pet store and get everything else they needed.

---

so im currently dying my hair, using a face mask, eating bbq wings and writing. this is the fucking life. my boyfriend doesnt even know im dying my hair so this is gonna be a surprise when i see him on monday (:

im so sorry for the late update. i wanted a snippet to add onto the last chapter but also wanted to add a bit to the story otherwise. so larry adopted a kitten! she's in the media. little fuzzy thing, innit? i wish i wasnt allergic but its okay. my dog & my lizard are my babies & i love them lots so its okay.

thank you guys for 6k. ill update night shift soon, please go show it and optional some love. night shift is my favorite that im writing rn (dont get me wrong i love this fic too but ive spent more time on n.s., i poured my heart and soul into that bitch)

soz for the long authors note. i love yew xoxoxoxoxo