Chapter 13 Dinner of Questioning

Lucy’s POV

    After I got done with the packing, I went to the dinning room to see Mr. Roderick and Gray talking. I went in quietly and sat down next to Gray, trying hard not to interrupt them. “ What do you mean we don’t get paid?!”  Asked Gray. “ It means you didn’t do your jobs done,” said Mr. Roderick. I look at Gray’s face and see that he can’t keep his anger in any longer. So I took his hand under the table and squzed it and said, “ Mr. Roderick I’m sorry I’m budding into the conversation, but can you give me and Gray an example of what we did wrong with our job.”

    Mr. Roderick lowered his head and sighed. He than looked up at me and said, “Well it’s very simple, you didn’t get rid of the monster.” He than started to eat his dinner and as I watched him eat, Gray squeezed my hand and I than turned my head to my food. Then Gray started to talk again. “ Mr. Roderick we did our job and if we didn’t Lucy would be injured right now or worse. I really think you should pay us for our hob being done.” “Mr. Fullbuster I’m sorry but my hands are tied here…I’m really sorry,” said Mr. Roderick.

    Gray let go of my hand and then got up and bowed to the man without a word and went to our room. “ I’m sorry Mr. Roderick about Gray he didn’t have a great morning today…I kick in my sleep so that’s why,” I said to Mr. Roderick while I bowed to him. When I lifted my head I smiled and told him that I will be in Gray’s and my room if he needed anything. He smiled back and said, “Alright, thanks for being kind to me after the whole not paying you thing.”

  “ It’s not a problem and contact us anytime if you need anything else ok.” I said and I than left him at the table and returned to my room. Thee I saw Gray sitting on the bed with his head down. I went over to Gray and sat next to him and I took his hand into mine. He looked up and smiled. “ Lucy we need to leave soon. Did you get everything packed?” he asked and I nodded my head and kissed his lips softly. He than kissed me back with a lot of passion and I thought I was in a dream. I than pulled away to catch my breath and I asked him what time we would be leaving.

  Gray with a little slight blush on his face said, “ We will leave when Mr. Roderick goes to his study. I will see when he does and while I do that I want you to get our things outside ok.” “ But Gray how will I know if it is safe out there and also when you come back?” I asked. Gray smiled at me and kissed my forehead and said, “ It will be fine ok. I will meet you outside when I know he is in the study ok.” “Ok and Gray.” “ Hmm?” I kissed his lips again and hugged him. “ I love you,” I said. Gray smiled and said back to me, “ I love you too Lucy.”