Chapter 12 Unexpected Guest

Gray’s POV

   I waited until a minute when Mr. Roderick called behind the door. “You may come.” I opened the door and prepared inside. The room was filled books and papers all over the floor. It looked like a tornado came threw the room and trashed everything in its wake. “ Ah Gray how may I help you today?” said Mr. Roderick. I than answered, “ I just came to give you a report on the demon activity that we just got ride of.” “Oh really? That’s great I’m glade you got the job done.” He said.

   I then bowed and turned to leave when he asked me if Lucy and I would be leaving soon. I than said, “ That all depends on if you have any other jobs for us and if not than we will leave tomorrow morning.” “ Ok just double checking and all that stuff. Well since we are done here can you please leave I am a very busy man,” Mr. Roderick said to me. I bowed again and left the room and ran back to Lucy’s and my room.

Lucy’s POV

    “Gray is taking a long time.” I thought and as I was waiting the door flue open and I saw Gray standing there, out of breath. “ Gray why are you panting? Was there another demon attack?” As I asked Gray questions he shook his head no. I than waited until he got his breathe back and than he said, “ When I was going to see Mr. Roderick for our work I over heard him talking on the phone. I heard that he understood about a job that he had to do, but it sounded like he was forced to do it. Lucy we need to leave tonight after dinner.”

   “ Why do we need to leave so soon? Is something bad suppose to happen tonight?”  I asked. He shook his head again and said, “ I just don’t think it’s a good idea to stay any longer. I just have a really bad feeling if we stay here.” I than just stared at his face and than the floor. Gray than took my hands into his and I looked up into his eyes. “ Lucy….If we stay and if anything happened to me or….you….I would never forgive myself, what if you….you…”

  I knew what Gray was going to say and I just squzed his hand and kissed his cheek and I said, “ I thrust you Gray if you say we need to leave than I understand. Please think happy thoughts ok.” I than cupped his cheek and he smiled and nodded his head. Than he said, “ Ok we will leave when he goes to his study and I will ask him at dinner about our money and you will pack our bags ok.”

  I nodded my head and I hugged Gray and we stayed like that until it was dinnertime.