chapter xiv;

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA || January 27, 2018 || NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia

DAY TWENTY THREE OF THE LACK OF ALEISTER BLACK INTERACTIONS. Judas Rosario wasn't about to admit defeat as the man walked away, he had done everything he could to have the man talk to him. From waiting outside his home to trying to talk to him in the Performance Center, but his attempts were futile. The man simply wanted nothing to do with him.

The man would always look at him like he was nothing. Maybe Judas wasn't worth the man's goodness.

He sighed turning his attention back to the monitors, as soon as Velveteen Dream's match against Kassius Ohno was over, it was time for his own against Aleister Black. Just the thought of finally having a long interaction with the man—as much as it wasn't a verbal one was worth the time.

"You ready Butterfingers?"

A smile was surprisingly on Adam Cole's features. For someone about to turn on him, the man was somehow happier than he would expect. It would mean they weren't allowed to drive together anymore. Things were slowly changing and he didn't know where he would stand especially with things around him being constantly at its end.

"I'm not." He muttered.

Adam Cole, bless his soul, was his constant support. Even in the man's own predicament in life, he somehow always found a way to help him out in the best way he could. Now to find it almost forbidden to be in the same car ride as the man from now on was daunting. It made him feel alone, almost.

"Reese and Maria are volunteering to be your car buddy." He pointed out.

A smile was on his lips. He had so many people that could help him, but he never felt so alone like he did right now. Everyone was there, but only a few was truly there for him when he needed them the most.

"Really depends on how the match turns out." He muttered finally they were signaled to prepare.

Ignoring Adam's words, he dashed to the gorilla position just in time to see Aleister climb out.

"Hey, Tommy." He called breathless and hopeful that the man would look at him even just this once.

The man did, but his eyes were dead as he looked at him. But he didn't really know what to say. He didn't know what else to say and do right now without letting everyone in the surrounding area know. He was speechless, unable to really say anything that would make things better when he wasn't so sure anymore.

"Good luck." He wanted to mentally slap himself for saying what he did.

The man nodded before slipping out of the curtains and readying himself for his entrance.

"Real smooth, Butterfingers."

Adam Cole was close behind him and he wanted to nod in agreement. He was fucked and so much so.

~

In the middle of the ring stood two opposing forces.

Judas Rosario stood toe to toe with Aleister Black. But this was different from the first time they were in the same ring against each other. Gone was the certainty of them in the same ring, the unknown relationship between them still lingering through the air. But Judas was sure to fuck it up as the man looked at him with emptiness. He could accept the anger or the disgust, but to have him look at him like he meant nothing was even more painful than anything else right now.

Shit. Maybe I do like him.

The thought registered and somehow hesitation clearly written on his features. It goes well with the storyline, but his mind now going through a breakdown at the idea. Maybe this was his reason for the doubts. He was so scared about being in a relationship that he'd prefer going back to what he was used to; Kenny or Kota.