chapter x;

Orlando, Florida, USA || December 31, 2017 || New Year's Eve

HE NEVER THOUGHT HE WOULD KEEP HIS PROMISE.

For the past week, Aleister Black, the introverted Satanist had been in his home while his roommates were back home. They didn't do anything stupid or out of the ordinary. Both of them would head to the Performance Center for a quick work out for the day only to return back to either his apartment or Aleister's own, watching Netflix or any random documentary laying around in the Dutch's vast collection.

But as sad as it was to admit, all things need to come to an end. And with Trevor and Tessa returning today for the NXT's annual New Year's Party, Aleister had made his departure. Never promising to come to the party as much force as the Kingpin had hope to make from the man.

"What have you been doing the entire week, Jojo?" Tessa wondered sensing the sadness evidently seeping out of her roommate. "You brought a lady friend here or something?"

"I'm not even dating anyone, Tess." Judas muttered pulling out a fresh pile of rice cakes for Tessa to devour for the day. "And you shouldn't forget about the rule about having everyone meet her first before banging." He lied through his teeth. It wasn't a 'her' to begin with. It would never be a 'her'. Him, to specific.

"What about that Canadian lady Adam is always talking about?"

The idea of Kenny or Kota wasn't something he would like to think about any time soon.

"Broke up with her."

"That's a shame." Tessa sighed taking a mouthful of the freshly baked pastry. "Well, for one, I think whoever gets to date you is a lucky girl. You're quite the catch, Jojo. Don't sell yourself short."

Judas rolled his eyes. If only she knew.

"You coming to the party tonight?"

"Depends on Trevor. You know how that asshole changes his mind every three seconds."

Judas smiled, the idea of King Ricochet changing his mind like a girl changing clothes is close to hysterical knowing how true it was. If only, the man would finally put a ring on his woman.

"You should come. It's going to be...fun." He wasn't sure if it was. This was his first New Year's party as part of NXT, it was awful if he said it wasn't daunting to not only see the people in Developmental but as well as the likes of Triple H and his family joining along.

"Having you say it doesn't make it all assuring, Jojo." Tessa snorted snatching the bowl of rice cake with a smile on her face. "Thanks for the puto, Jojo." She said slipping inside her bedroom where both of them were certain Ricochet was still heavy asleep.

Judas sighed thinking it was time for him to get ready or something. He doesn't really know if he should. Adam had been forcing him and he was uncertain about Aleister coming—wait, why was he worried about the man coming or not?

Since his act of kindness, as he would like to describe, he had thought of nothing but him. It was weird to see him and just not want to kick him or punch him in the face. Now, after getting to actually know him inside and outside the ring, the opinion on the man changed. Sure, his room was like what he would imagine, in all its darkness and brood, but that's just it. The man was far from the evil entity he forces himself to believe. But the most important thing he actually learned from the man was he keeps his promise. A promise no matter how much he tried taking back, the man was still persistent. Going as far as forcing him inside a church of all places—with him joining him along.