chapter 16

I was now the Luna Queen and damn did i want to just run and hide in a bathroom and take a tube of ice cream with me. Things as queen are getting bizarre.

A woman came in to have mate counseling. I didn't know this was what i was going to have to do while i was queen, i thought i would only have to set an example.

"Queen Mia." My two maids curtsied and smiled at me."We have news about your father and brother."

Laura and Marie were both very beautiful women and were mates. They both have been together for almost five years now and i haven't seen them apart for one moment. Laura is very talkative and outgoing and Marie is quiet and shy. While Laura is an Irish red haired curvy woman Marie is Hispanic with long black hair and a slim tan body shape. I once caught them making out..

It was great.

I smiled."What did they say?"

"Alpha Shawn and his father would like to talk to you later." Marie said excitedly.

I giggled."This is great! Can you both help me?"

Marie's eyes flickered and she shook her head."I'm sorry My Lady, i told your father i would help him around the palace."

Laura glanced at her with confusion but shook her head."I will help you."

She took me by the wrist and sat me down in front of the long mirror in the closet. She took out the make up and started on my eyebrows and eyeshadow.

"Oh darlin, i didn't know you're father was here at all."She chatted away.

"Yeah he was here for the crowning." I shrugged and looked at the hickey on her neck, surprisingly she doesn't have a mark. That's weird.

She smiled at me."I bet he is proud of you."

I looked down at the white carpet."I don't know."

Laura softly brushed on a pale purple on my closed eyelids. She put on some mascara on my eyelashes and a small smile."I'm sure he is sweetie. Even if he hasn't been in your life as much, a parent will always have that parenting instinct whether they like it or not."

I studied her closely and saw small bits of sadness in her eyes. An image of a child flashed in my mind and goodness he was beautiful. He had his mothers deep red hair and her lips. His eyes were the colors of golden orbs and he had an adorable button nose and olive colored sh kin.

I looked down in my lap and felt as if i invaded her privacy."You had a child."

Her hand trembled slightly."Yes. When i use to be human i was with a beautiful man. He was almost everything i dreamed. He had proposed and i was a fresh eighteen year old. So we ran away together and we were happy for about a year."

He eyes were filled with pain and i felt my heart clench."You don't have to continue"

She shook her head and gave me a small smile."Its about time that i tell someone other than my mate."

I gave her a small smile of encouragement and sat still as she added some red lipstick to my lips. She added light blush to my cheeks and sighed."I became pregnant and we were both so happy. I didn't realize though, that they could be lost as well."

She leaned against the dresser and crossed her arms."Before i knew it i had a miscarriage and had to bury my baby boy by myself. Leonardo didn't want anything to do with me after that. He later shot himself in the head and i was alone."

She gently closed my jaw with her palm. She went to the clothes rack and picked out a sleeveless black dress that stops around the knees. She handed it to me and waited as i slipped off my clothes and put on the dress. She zipped my up in the back and handed my some lace ballet flats.