Five

Warm raindrops dripped on my exposed skin sending chills up my spine. The woods was both soothing and quiet, keeping me and my wolf at ease. It was great to finally be surrounded by something familiar and, in a way, it made me feel safe. Until I have to go back and face everyone again but at the moment I didn't want to think of that right now. I didnt even want to think of the fact that i was butt naked in the forest.

My silver razor felt smooth in between my fingers, the silver making the tips of my fingers turn red. The little razor begun to irritate my fingers slightly but I didn't mind honestly. I welcomed the pain that came along with it, embraced it actually. I hid the razor in my hair clip and stood up.My wolf nudged me back into my spot and shifted. She arched her back and shook rain drops from our golden fur. The bliss from the shift slipped up and down our body and leaked out from our paws.

She absolutely hated that I kept the 'disgusting thing' with me. She doesn't see a reason why I should continue carrying it and would ensure me that when we met our mate we wouldn't need it anymore. Funny huh? Look where we are now.

She padded along the stream and dipped her paws in the cool water. The feeling of mud on her paws made her yip with happiness. Her yip made a memory play through my mind, one I wish that would go away..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 7 years ago~~~~~~~~

"Momma!!" Mia shouted. She bounced over to her mother with a huge grin on her face obviously proud." My wolf spoke to mee!"

Her mother, Nicole, spun around and scooped her child in her arms. One look in her eyes and you could tell she was happy for her little girl. She was so thrilled she squeezed her little Mia to her chest and spun around. She rained kisses on her face not stopping even when her daughter was laughing up a storm. She squeezed her again and finally replied."Aw sweetie that's great! What's her name?"

Mia beamed at her mother and began to finger the golden locket at her mothers neck."Leah! She said we were gonna be bestfriends!"

Her mother laugh and set her down on the floor. She turned her attention to the food she was making briefly and looked back at her little princess admiring blue eyes. Eyes that was just like hers but with a more innocent light to them.

Mia always thought her mother was beautiful just like how any other kid would think of their mothers. But Mia thought hers was more special. Her mother had the same hair and huge blue moon eyes. Every time she saw her mother she would always be happy that she looks just like her.

Nicole opened the door with Mia in her arms. Her husband, and mate, head shot up from the bundle of papers in his hands. He inhaled deeply, tasting the air for any tension. He put his papers down on his desk and made his way to his family.

He sniffed the air again and his green eyes widen at his daughter." Did you..?"

Mia nodded eagerly, her smile stretching ear to ear. Mark scoped her in his arms his wolf growling softly in approval at his pup. He gave his family each a small peck. His eyes were shining with happiness and he even seemed proud. It made Mia laugh with glee when her parents both rained kisses on her checks.

"Did you shift too?" He asked with a proud smile.

"Nope." She replied shaking her head." No my wolf said, she said, that I ,um, have to prepare myself. It would hurt.."

Her mother and father gave each other a look and glanced back at their kid. They conversed through their special link. Mark opened his mouth to speak, some beads of sweat appearing on his forehead.

It wasn't til his daughter gave him a small smile and patted his cheek he finally managed to speak." Just... Tell me when you do shift. Okay sweetie?"

She nodded."I hope I'm a white wolf, just like momma! Or black, just like you daddy!"

The couple looked at each other and as much as they tried they couldn't hide the concern from their eyes. But the little pup was too busy praising her wolf. Without a care in the world she reached over to mess with her mothers locket. Not knowing how drastically her life was going to change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt sobs rip out from my chest. The memory opening old wounds that I wished didn't hurt so bad.It hurt so much just to think i could never have that type of life again and even worse because i cant even remember most of my life in those precious years. And now my mother was gone, my father isnt the same man anymore he hates every single thing that makes me , well, me. And with his hate brought me fear, fear of something i couldn't ever understand.

Did the moon goddess hate me that much? Did she really want to see me struggle and suffer? Did she enjoy watching the pack hit me? Abuse me and even leave me lying there with broken bone screaming? Or did she want me to get myself out of this mess?To finally be free?

Filled with encouragement from the thought i pushed my wolf aside and accelerated my speed. i sprinted through the woods, dodging trees and traps with complete ease. Even though my wolf protested she was ready to stretch her legs. And so we ran away from the territory giving false trails of our location. I rolled in a puddle of mud ignoring my wolfs whimpers as the mud sticked to our golden fur making it a dark brown.

A howl in the distance made my eyes perk up.My whole body trembled with fear but i sprinted away from the scene. I quickly went into a pond just in case the mud didn't get rid of my scent. Any moment that i could get would help me get away from this type of life forever was like a dream. i could go rouge and just be free.

A scent made itself known to my senses. I was ready to get out and bounced with each step. I felt like any moment i would sprout wings and float off. But for now i had to get over that damn boarder! It seemed so close just ten steps away and i could finally be free. I could be a human by day and wolf by night. A yip exploded from my lips with excitement. I was so close to that unclaimed territory! But right when i was about to cross over the line something happened.

Something big and heavy slammed into my side and sent me flying backwards. Confusion washed over me while i was hurled into the air, bounced over the tree and onto the floor with a disgusting snapping sound. My breath was yanked away from my lungs leaving me gasping for a painful breath.My whole side was numb and kept me paralyzed to the soft ground. My wolf slowly shifted us back into human form trying to ease the pain with the bliss shifting gave us both.

I tired to get up but felt a sharp pain in my ribs. A scream exploded from behind my lips echoing in the empty woods. A scorching pain of fire ripped all over my bruised body. The pain was starting to become completely unbearable i began to pray the moon goddess will give me strength. Both screams and whimpers dripped from my lips no matter what i did i was in absolute agony. But i couldn't rest at the moment i had to get up, i need to get my freedom i defiantly deserve.

I mashed my lips together and wiggled slowly into the direction i need to go, the border wasn't as close as it was before. My eyelids became heavy and breath more and more labored. Black dots danced in and out of my vision , mocking my condition. But it didn't block my view completely, i could see the most beautiful man I've ever seen. Maybe one of the moon goddesses very own guard came down to take me away finally.The thought brought a weak smile to my lips and finally gave me peace.

His green eyes held shattered caramel crystals inside of them. His gorgeous brown hair tempted me to run my fingers through his hair. And even his flawless tan skin seemed to radiate with a soft golden glow. But on thing that threw me off was his full lips pulled up in a silent 'o' of horror. I lifted my hand and tried to cupped the goddesses knights cheek but my hand fell back onto the floor.

But before the dark slumber could grab ahold of me i felt a brush of fingers against my cheeks.And the best part that filled me with joy, was a trail of tingles it left behind.