Chapter Twenty Two

Persephone

Chapter Twenty Two

   The Earth literally shook when Persephone placed her two feet onto the ground. She looked around slightly bored even though she hadn't touched a plant in 350 years. The other Persephone would have wept onto the ground and rolled around onto the dirt making plants grow with every step she took.

The new Persephone killed everything her two feet touched. She smiled at the brown and black plants dead at her feet. She looked up at the three creatures that were looking around the landscape in aw.

They had never been to Earth before and they quite enjoyed the beauty of it. They no longer worried about Chaos and his orders, their memories of him have already left them. They peered down at their new Queen who was looking up at them with a sickening smile plastered on her beautiful face.

All three felt excitement run through their body, a foreign feeling they had never experienced before. Their trust in Persephone was endless, they would die for her without even blinking their one eye in their head. One of the creatures chuckled making the others follow in suite as they looked around at the trees. They peeked down at their Queen who also laughed with them, a cold sound that almost made them shiver. The waves of laughter shook the trees surrounding them making the living on Earth hold their breath waiting to see what happened next.

"Pick me up," she ordered as the closest creature next to her scooped her up into his filthy hands and placed her directly on it's shoulder. "Look! Take a look around, this will all be ours."

~

As soon as Persephone set foot on Earth Hades and Demeter felt her presence. Demeter was onto the Earth's ground in only a few hours, following suit with Hades. They both could hardly contain their excitement and hope as they followed the pull that Persephone had for them.

When they both entered Earth they furrowed their eyebrows at the screaming that was heard miles away. If they looked up into the sky they could see three large heads towering over the trees which made them confused.

Where was Persephone? And they hoped that she wasn't near those creatures in fear she could get hurt. The creatures looked to be killing everyone within their path, no mercy for anyone including women and children.

Hades could already tell his number of dead souls entering the Underworld was increasing the more seconds they stood together confused. He had never seen creatures as these, they were very large since they towered over trees and looked to be entirely destructive.

"Those creatures are killing people," Hades stated as he looked over at Demeter. "Do you think Persephone has anything to do-"

"Don't even say it," Demeter snapped at him.

She glared at Hades for even thinking her precious daughter had anything to do with this destruction. She may have been away from 350 years but she couldn't have possibly changed that much to where she would harm a human soul. It was against all of her instincts to harm another living being, Persephone would rather heal them than hurt them.

Demeter couldn't even bare the thought. The thoughts made her physically sick as she climbed onto Hades chariot and lurched forward as the two horses pushed towards the screaming.

Hades and Demeter made it to a large city where the screams could still be heard. As they entered there were humans running away with nothing in their hands. Whatever they were running from they didn't even pause to gather anything they owned.

The two gods grew worried since they haven't seen this many wounded and killed humans in a very long time. The last war they had was millions of years ago, the humans didn't even know what it was like to be in a war and worry about their own life.