Bello grunted as he resisted the force, his bloody hand grappled the leg of the chair that laid just above him, he threw it at Wizen who staggered back colliding with the rocky wall and fell. Bello ran for the rifle but Wizen held his legs pulling so much for a left hand such that Bello fell on the floor again his hand outstretched as he reached for the rifle.

“You are not going any were! We die here together.” He muttered. Then above the rattles of ammunition and the booms of explosive around, Bello could hear the small beeps of a time bomb and knew what it meant.

He sent his shoeless feet to Wizen’s head and ran for the exit. The beeps sounded even more frequent, Bello jumped, the rocky floor seemingly was growing towards him. He heard the explosion in cave and caught glimpse of the blazing inferno before he landed. He could feel blood draining from where his head collided with a jutting rock. The guinea grass swayed across his view in the soft wind that blew like nothing of any importance was happening around. It became blurry, and then he heard the thumps of feet beside him before his sight went black.

*******
One of the lieutenant, walked up to the gathering group with a bleeding man on his shoulder. Raliat recognized Bello at first sight and felt the urge to shout the warning.

A few voices sounded before hers. The soldiers only laughed and assured them that there was nothing to worry about. The few surviving terrorist were precisely trussed and shove mercilessly into a truck with armed men all around them. She overhead some people muttering something about the soldiers burying the dead men in a mass grave. Honestly, Raliat couldn’t care less.

The kind soldier that had rescued her and her little child called her and the other women to enter a larger truck that would convey them to safety. They all followed with unison without complaint. But Raliat looked back, over here at the outskirts on the hill, she could see the golden flames releasing soot to the still night air, as the tents crumpling down under the weight of devouring heat. This must be the end of Marte camp and her life in it. She was free.

The baby yelped again, Juliet crooned him but he wouldn’t listen. Raliat was all silent, as tears rolled down her face at reminiscent of the life she’d lived for more than a year. She was free but with a scar time would never wipe away. A putrefying sore that would never heal. She was a mother in an enemy camp.

********

News report, NE news, 30 May, 2015.
NIGERIAN ARMY OVERUN FOUR BOKOHARAM CAMP NEAR THE SAMBISA FOREST.
The Nigerian army had finally hit on a major success as four Bokoharam camp in Borno state had been overrun with the space of two days, (28th and 29th may). The colossal success led to the freedom of about three hundred women and girls. Eleven of the abducted Chibok School girls had reportedly being rescued too.

The minister for defence confirmed this news few hours ago in an interview, adding that four hundred Bokoharam members had been killed in the invasion. He admitted that that the success was due to the crazy risk of concerned Nigerian. He declined information about this hero for security reasons but promised Nigerians that more success would be recorded in the future and that all that are still in captivity at the hinder part of the forest, Lake Chad and the Cameroonian borders would be recovered.

He admitted to the claim of some eyewitnesses about escaping Bokoharam members running across the boundaries, but with a smile he told our reporter that:  “that’s a good sign. Who needs their trouble anyway. My men are still on the field, they’d certainly be hunted down and brought to justice.”

******
News report, NE news, 1 May, 2015.

THIRTEEN MORE BOKOHARAM CAMPS SET ABLAZE BY THE COALITION FORCES ACROSS THE CAMEROONIAN BORDER; 234 CAPTIVES SET FREE...

*******
News headlines from the Daily Hero...
October 13, 2016
BOKO HARAM RELEASES 21 OF THE ABDUCTED CHIBOK SCHOOLGIRLS

March 24, 2017
ARMY LAUNCHES ‘OPERATION LAST HOLD’ IN BORNO

May 6, 2017
BOKO HARAM RLEASES 82 OF CHIBOK SCHOOLGIRLS, SAY NIGERIAN OFFICIALS

April 1, 2017
BOKO HARAM LINCHPIN SURRENDERS

May 7, 2017
82 CHIBOK SCHOOL GIRLS RELEASED IN NIGERIA

******
News excerpt from the Daily Hero, March 3, 2018.
TWO SENTENCED IN NIGERIA OVER 2010 OCTOBER 1st EAGLE SQUARE BOMB BLAST
Harry Obi and Craig Okah were convicted by the federal High Court of Justice Abuja for financing and assisting in the perpetration the criminal act that led to the death of nine which included a prominent consultant, Dr. Goodwill Nnamdi... they were sentenced to life imprisonment.

Harry Obi was at that time the presumed kingpin of the Movement for Emancipation of Niger Delta (MEND), the same group that sponsored the bombing attack and several others in many region of the country...

Mrs Cynthia Nnamdi, the wife of the late consultant was there during the hearing, when interviewed said, “Despite the fact that the trials was so frustratingly slow. I’m glad that after more than seven years, the killers of my late husband finally get what they deserve.”

******
July 25, 2018
112 ABDUCTED CHIBOKGIRLS, STILL MISSSING...