CHAPTER SEVEN

CYNTHIA...

Cynthia thumbed the first page of Nigreen newspaper, on the front page was a picture of wailing parents and the wide caption: CHIBOK GIRLS, STILL MISSING—PARENTS. Turning to page seven, she found the details of the report she was actually looking for. It reads:

FIRST LADY MEETS STAKE HOLDERS ON ABDUCTED SCHOOL GIRLS IN CHIBOK, BORNU STATE.

By Veronica West

Earlier today the first lady of the federal republic of Nigeria, Dr Stella Ibrahim hosted a meeting with stake holders on the issue of the abducted school girls, the meeting was held at the presidential villa, Abuja. In attendance were representatives of the parents to the Chibok girls, the Principal of the Government secondary school Chibok, the wife of the Borno state governor among other dignitaries.

The first lady expressed doubt in the integrity of the state security, if about two hundred girls could be stowed away in the middle of the night without opposition, and made a call on the state government of Borno to come up with the exact number of missing girls as the figure is still disputable as yet. She expressed disappointment over the laid back attitude of some Nigerians who aid and abet the carrying out of nefarious activities to disrupt peace and unity in the country.

The minister for education, represented by Hajiya Bala Haj stated expressly that no politics should be played with the lives of the innocent, alongside the West African examination council director for the country, she established the number of student that were registered for the examination as proof that students were actually in the school as on the 14th April 2014 in preparation for the examination. She also called to all Nigerians with vital information about the location of the students to rise up and report to appropriate quarters.

A sixteen-man committee to be chaired by the wife to the Governor of Bornu state Mrs. Joy Wakama was set: To dig into the situation, most especially to come up with the exact figure of how many students were abducted. They were also tasked with returning to Abuja on the 5th of May with at least two parents of the missing girls, the principal and a staff of the Government secondary school Chibok.

The first lady expressed her commitment to the return of these girls and urged the committee to rise up to the task and wipe the tears of the faces of Nigerian mothers. According to her, "Nigerians are all to rise up to this threat and tell the world that we say no to terrorism under any guise. I challenge all mothers in the country to rise and support this movement, our girls are missing and they must be released..."

Cynthia glanced over more articles advocating for the release of the girls, but to some it meant bad press for the federal government, the political undertone beside some reports were just appalling.

A typical example was a report she spotted.

THE TRICK THEY PLAY ON NIGERIANS.

Where a public figure went rambling on how he thinks that the state and federal government are playing games with the lives of citizens, creating a problem in the guise of insurgence to paint some part of the country in bad light.

Abrose Jack, the controversial editor, went on to surmise that the federal government had turned blind eye to the terrorism attack in the north eastern part of the country, so as to warrant state of emergency in those states, such that the presidential election would not be held in them. He went on to blast the Israeli government on partnering in crime with stakeholders to place false satellite mappings indicating the location of the girls.

In a nut shell, he was of the opinion that no one was missing, and that the parent of the girls were all paid up to keep up with the lie of the media.