I'm no good at this relationship stuff. I get nervous, and flustered, and am about as courageous as a snail.

Ethan was just another example of my suckish relationship skills. I didn't want to change things with Niall. If he didn't remember, maybe it was a sign, telling me not to cross that line. I didn't want to make things awkward. I wasn't about to ruin my relationship with one of the most amazing boys ever just because of a crush.

I would get over it. I mean, I've done it before.

Granted, Niall is amazing. He's beautiful, and sweet. Clever, kind, funny, and an all around fun person. Nothing is stupid or irrelevant in his eyes, he sees everything in its own beauty. He's also waiting for the right girl, waiting to date her. He's waiting for his princess, he's waiting for his girl.

She should be just as beautiful as him, inside and out. She should appreciate his heart and everything about him. She should care about him as much as she cares for him. She should be someone who deserves someone as amazing as Niall Horan.

And that girl- That god damn lucky, gorgeous, wonderful girl will have someone worth the world. He will give her- That phenomenal, bright-eyed, brilliant girl, his heart.

And that girl will not be me.

-----

NIALL'S POV

Last night was all a blur in my head. I faintly remembered a Barny song, but that was it.

I screwed up my face and tried to remember.

You were talking to her. I thought, trying to picture the scene. The boys weren't there, or they were and just weren't participating, and you were drunk, but not yet able to pass out. I prodded my mind, trying to remember anything or everything.

I heard it then. Her laugh.

It was like a little bell of her own. A little bell to light up her voice, and her eyes. It rang out in my head, bright and tinkling.

Put her face to the laughing bell, Niall. I told myself, and ignored the throbbing headache I had from drinking too much. Hangovers suck.

Her face popped into my head, on a screen.

The laugh played again, and moved with her face. Her laugh always left evidence on her face. The tiny pink tint on her cheeks, the twinkle in her eyes. Even after she stopped laughing, and the moment was over, the small smile that curved her lips was still there. I knew the lilt of her voice and laugh even through crappy iPhone quality.

Remember, Niall. I ordered frustratingly.

I was alone in my flat, sitting restlessly on my bed. I couldn't sleep. Something was bothering me, but I couldn't tell what.

My mind carried out the Barny song again.

Wait! I knew that voice, it was mine.

Yes, yes, Niall. You sing Barny when you're drunk. Something happened, now figure it out. I wouldn't get to sleep until I figured this out.

You got up to get food again while you were drunk. I told myself, memories popping through my head. You were mad at Harry.

Why was I mad at Harry?

Because... Because... Because he had so much attention from her.

The way she said his name. They way he said hers.

They like each other, don't they, Niall? My mind asked.

"I don't know!" I snapped out loud.