Chapter One: Lina

Começar do início

* * * *

Tugging painfully through my rope of hair, I glanced in the mirror at my reflection. I was wearing a white mid-knee summer dress, with no straps like Isabelle was, my dark hair falling just past my shoulder. Izzy ran past me, squealing in joy at herself, "I'm so pretty, everyone look at me!"

Her voice piping throughout the huge halls while she glided around looking like an adorable angel -little diva- Oscar clung behind me with his sandy brown ringlets sitting about his little shoulders.

I ruffled his hair as his hazel eyes looked up, "Lina?"

"Time to go," I smiled. Mother looked breath-takingly, beautiful in a white maxi-dress, dusty gold sandals and her Rapunzel-esque hair was cascading. Free of her usual chignon.

"Mommy, you look really nice," Oscar chimed in with everyone, she really did look hot. More like my sister than mum.

"And don't you look like the little Man. My you've got competition, Al, wouldn't you say girls?," Iz and I nodded sure while tiny Oscar gushed at the comment, grinning from ear to ear and my dad had a ghost of a smile on his face. It made me grin too with our happy little familia but something in my dad's eyes alarmed me.

There was something in his glassy orbs jaded green with hidden worry.

* * * *

Sleeping soundly, I dreamt of the usual teenage girl stuff like boy bands, crushes, hair, make-up, and no I'm just joking, I don't even know if there's a teen-girl category in the dream section. But anyway I slept well, exhausted from today's events when a sudden hand jerked my head away from my comfort called a pillow. A raw burning attacked at my scalp like I could feel all my hair being pulled out. The stranger clamped his hand around my mouth, drowning out my cries for help, silencing my screams before they were made while dragging me to the ground floor.

Out of the corner of my eye, something horrifying alarmed me. My mom, crying silently, was holding Oscar and Isabelle on the pearl, marble flooring; dad stood in front of them. I bit on the gloved man's hand and ran to them.

"Mom! Dad! What's going on?" I asked worried but my dad looked away as someone else answered.

"You're all here because your family owes us some large money," he said, his voice mocking like his cold, blue eyes. His messy curls framed his hard-set face, "we gave your dad a deadline but he didn't listen, did he?"

Isabelle's voice cut the tense air like a knife cutting cake, "Leave my daddy alone!!!," her wobbly voice demanded.

Cold eyes glared before smiling, "Such a cute little doll, don't you look absolutely adorable yet you have such a bigmouth don't you?"

Mother's face paled greatly as another man with Asian features and a ragged look to him brought out something black from his pocket. A gun.

How could we escape from this? There were like six men here including 'gloved-hands' and 'cold eyes' but they were probably all armed and so when a tiny but really hench guy came forward with a gun in hand, we all feared.

"One last time Ramírez, where's the money?"

"I- I don't have it," dad stuttered totally out of character.

"Wrong answer! Kill the wife," Cold eyes ordered when all of a sudden, mother had blood dripping down her front on the floor, we were too stunned to move except Oscar who cried out scared.

"Carmen!"

"The money?," dad's answer was the same as before. "Kill the boy." Oscar's leafy-green eyes widened just as the gun sounded leaving him as a now dead boy. Surprisingly my mum's bloody arm wrapped protectively around him with sad brown eyes, her breathing slowing sadly until it stopped.

Cold Eyes smiled at the tiny guy and Asian then at us. One little gesture was all he made to start the gunshots at my dad, I hugged unto Izzy, not allowing to see this bloody massacre anymore. If we were gonna die, I didn't want her to keep seeing this. Another guy with blue eyes walked towards us, a sad look as in eyes but a gun in his hands.

"Finish her and prove yourself," Cold Eyes said as I wondered was this the end. Isabelle shook like an earthquake in my arms, both our eyes closed when the shot went off.

I waited for the pain but it didn't come; my eyes opened only to see Isabelle's sleeping face. Blood poured from the once white dress like a crimson pattern, all that time I held her while she held her last breath, I didn't know.

"Noooooo!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Harder than I ever have before. Rough hands grabbed at me, dragging me away from the scene.

Away from my now-dead family.

Big clammy hands enveloped my face, a sickly sweet smell filling my running nose for darkness to take me.

----------------------

[Author's Note: So what d'you think? I wasn't sure at the start of how to begin this but this is the first chap and my first story here. So tell me what you think, I mean a book's nothing without readers, right?]