ACAIS CHAPTER 2 'THE RYDER KNIGHT'

Ace Ryder Knight's POV:

"Imagine living like a king someday. A single night without a ghost in the wall"

I sang along with my music player as I showered, music boomed loudly through the speakers, connected to my bedroom and bathroom.

"Bang!Bang!Bang!" Someone banged on my bathroom door.

I lowered the volume of my speakers with the remote and shouted "Yes, Who is it?"

"Master Ace, you have been in the bathroom for half an hour now. Your parents are waiting for you for breakfast," Carter, my personal butler informed me.

"Alright Carter, I'll be there," I replied back.

Ugh, Father. How many times have I told you, I don't need a Butler.

After showering, I wrapped a towel around my waist and went to my walk-in closet and looked at the rows of designer clothes and shoes my mom got me. I haven't even touched half of the clothes.

I got dressed as fast as I could, styled my hair, sprayed my cologne and as I was about to step outside my room, the music suddenly stopped. I turned back to see Carter, with a remote in his hands.

Phew! I almost forgot to switch off my music system.Father would have lectured me on it again.
Luckily Carter is always there, to my rescue. Maybe, I do need a butler.

"Thanks, Carter," I said.

His wrinkles showed at the crease of his eyes as he nodded and gave a slight bow.

He always bowed to me. No matter how many times I told him that it wasn't necessary to do those formalities in front of me since he was like a family member to me, but I guess I couldn't help it as he had been working for my father for so long that it had already become a habit for him. So, I just let him be.

I smiled back at him and quickly ran down to the dining hall. My parents and my sister, all sitting there waiting for me. I sighed, I was late again.

I greeted them and took a seat.

"Ace, why are you late again? Is this what we taught you? When will you learn to be responsible?" Father scolded me.

His grey eyes stared at me with disapproval.

"Sorry, Father I got carried away by the s-" I started but he cut me off.

"You got carried away? You need to..."

There you go, once he starts he wouldn't even stop to breathe. I pretended like I was listening, like I always did when he starts.

I deserved an Oscar for my acting, I not only have looks and money, but I had talent. As the saying goes, 'Never judge a book by its cover'. I was a living example.

To people, I may look like a spoiled rich kid but I'm far from it. I am 'The Ryder Knight', hot and mouthwatering. Well, that's what the girls in my school usually tell me and I totally agree with it cause I don't lie. Lying is a sin.

My father is the CEO of Knight Enterprises. He owns many hotels, malls, courts, law firms, and hospitals. While my mother was a model now she has her own clothing line.

People can well guess where I got my good looks from. I study in one of my Father's institution, one of the top institution in town. While my eight-year-old sister, Raelyn Knight, was being homeschooled.

"Ace. Ace. Ace?" Someone screamed near my ear.

"Holy shhhh... umm yes?" I quickly changed my words as Father glared at me.