Is this right?

I was sat with alone as I watched Gally bark orders at the Gladers that stayed behind. 

In moments like this I night have Chuck sat beside me, asking me if I'm alright or perhaps Newt would have come over and talked to me about it. But they were all gone, they had left me. I was beginning to wonder if I'd made the right choice staying in this old beaten up Glade.

I know that Gally and I had promised to never leave because of the past but what if we wrong, what if the outside world was so much better than in here, what if there was more life for us out there than in here. I couldn't sit around and watch as the world pass me by. 

I stood up and marched over to Gally. The scene of our Glade gave me frequent flashes of the Grievers running around like they owned the place.

"Hey beautiful. You okay?" Gally said casually as if I'd just woken up from a nice little nap or something. 

I didn't respond, I simply grabbed his arm and dragged him away from the others and then stood him infront of me. I took a deep breath and then said something I would soon regret.

"I want to leave" Gally face dropped as soon as I spoke the last word and he got so close to my face I thought he might just hit me.

"What?"

"I can't be here, I can't handle it, to be in this same space for the rest of my life until I die. Not after everything that has happened, what if she was right? What if they come back? How do you think I would feel if they killed you?" 

"You want to leave, go with them. The people that destroyed our home?"

"Yes! Yes Gally I want to o with them, the people that have a plan the people that aren't just standing around waiting, surviving, building. Whatever. They were not the ones who killed it was the people who put us here-"

"The people who put Thomas here!"

"The shucking people who made our lives hell! The people that did everything! Not Thomas! Them!"

Gally screamed and punched the tree behind him and then he scowled at me with passion. 

"Fine then. Leave." He said it with such a cold and hateful tone that I almost died, right there and then. But I pulled myself together and nodded. 

I walked away to the map room, somewhere that was usually of bounds for someone who wasn't a runner but it was now nothing but a building with some information in it. I opened the door and quickly rummaged through the box that belonged to Minho and then I saw it. Titled: Where we are going after the attack from the Grievers.It was a map of the route they were taking to get to the Griever hole. I snatched it up and shoved it into my pocket then I started after a sprint for the Maze doors, I saw Gally glaring at me as I ran, that's when they came; more tears, blurring my vision and strangling my hope of ever seeing him again.

..............................................

I ran and ran, barely stopping, my upset had turned to anger, from anger to determination and then just pure speed. 

I let the feel of the Maze take me over as I ran, I didn't even think of the air travelling in and out of my lungs, the way my legs were being shot from the foot upwards with every sprint I took. I just ran.

Before long I heard a familiar voice just beyond the next turning. "Come on guys keep up! It's not that far now!" 

Thomas! I nearly caught them up. A sudden burst of adrenaline pushed me even further and I skid round the corner, there they were! No one had noticed me yet and I was running out of energy and I used the last drop of it that I had. I took a deep rasping breath, stopped running and screamed as hard as I could. 

"Thomas!" Then I collapsed to floor. I watched as the group stopped and he came running towards me. Not Thomas though, it was Newt. He picked me up and gave me a strengthening hug. Then Thomas was at his side. Newt brushed my hair behind my ear as I let the sweet air flow back into my bloodstream. 

"What happened?" He asked, his beautiful English accent flowing through my ears.

"I couldn't do it, I needed to be with you guys." Newt smiled and grabbed my hand as we ran together. 

............................................

Eventually we reached the place the boys were talking about and it was incredible, the walls towered over in a tunnel shape, either side of the walkway was a definite drop that would ensure that if you fell you would not be getting back up again. We were stood round the corner when a griever appeared and Thomas psyched us up and then on the count of three we all charged towards it, boys were screaming either side of me. 

The Griever charged towards us and we all stabbed at it and it roared like a lion claiming it's territory. We all edged away and then it's mechanical tail swung round and grabbed one of the gladers and threw him like he weighed nothing. We all swung at it like a pack wolves, swings and cuts battered at the thing, clatters of metal and screams. 

Suddenly I noticed something flying. The Key! 

Chuck went running after it and I rolled and ducked uner flying apenages and swinging attacks and ran towards Chuck, Teresa was not far behind me and in that short glance I knew we were on the same team. We both ran to Chuck and pulled him from the side as he caught the key. He got to the side safely but we saw another Griever slinking up the side. 

Just as the boys pushed the first of the side the other jumped up along with another from the other side. The boys turned and noticed the two other attackers and then after a slight pause they charged. 

Chuck Teresa and I ran towards our destination and the walls lifted, I'm sure the noise would have been a lot louder if the boys weren't fighting the things that terrorised our home.

We ran under the doors as Thomas shouted for us to go.

Then we got there.