Get rid of him

The world around me seemed to turn from chaos to pure despair. I was weirdly settled and Gally and I stood up and the two boys pushed the doors over head. 

I didn't even have to look over the side to see what had happened to the glade. The night sky was distorted with colours of red fire and grey smoke. Gally reached up and jumped out of the box. Scott followed shortly after and then Gally turned round and squat down holding out his hand. 

"It's okay" I refused the help and pulled myself out. When I looked around my heart stopped. It was ruined. A few boys lay on the field. Dead. The homestead fallen in. Destroyed. My life, the only life I remembered. Ruined.

I walked over to Gally and placed my hand on his back. I looked up at his face, tears were streaming, but he soon noticed me looking at him and he roughly brushed them away.

"Thomas." Was all he said, then he stormed over to him with a burning passion of hate.

I followed over quickly I didn't want a fight to break out, as soon as Gally was close enough he swung his great fist and it connected perfectly with Thomas' face. I launched myself onto him and pulled him back, Scott reached back and we were pulling him away. 

"You you've destroyed everything! Our whole home is gone because of you!"

"Gally that's not true calm down"

"No! You heard it, Alby and Ben said it! They saw him! It's all him!" 

I finally managed to get in front of Gally and I gave him a push. "Stop! Just stop right shucking now. You need to calm down!"

Gally took a deep breath and nodded sharply, I could tell he was still mad but he wasn't going to show it at least for me anyway. As I was letting the tension trickle out of my system for a little but I suddenly overhead Thomas behind me.

"I need to remember" I spun round slowly to see that Thomas was lifting the stinger of a Griever into the air and before anyone could stop him he had dug it deep into his stomach, his face turned purple and an immediate breath of pain exhaled from his mouth as he fell to the floor. 

There was a sudden panic and Teresa screamed for someone to get the serum. 

...........................................

That same night, Gally had taken control, he had convinced everyone Thomas was the enemy, even me to some extent but I didn't know where he was gonna go with it all and I was too emotionally drained to deal with whatever was going on in his mind. I took to our hammock, but it wasn't there. A small piece of me crumbled as I really noticed that everything, everything had been destroyed, all because, initially Thomas had shown up.

I simply headed to the outskirts of the dead heads and lent up  against one of the trees and as soon as I closed my eyes I was asleep. 

Rudely I was awoken by one of the quieter gladers who's name I had yet to learn. "Come on (y/n) Captain wants to speak to you"

"Captain?" 

"Yes, Gally"

He's lost the plot.

Once I reached Gally he stood by the remains of the homestead. He looked at me in a way I'd never seen him look at me before. 

"You okay?" I asked trying to keep it as normal as I could in a situation like this.

"Where were you last night?" 

"I-"

"They destroyed our place in the deadheads you know, our memories up there are gone, just like that."