New greenie

I was drowning, water surrounded me, slight glimpses of a brown haired boy caught my vision, who he was I didn't know but he was stood there watching me scream in this liquid, I had no breath left in my lungs and I was being strangled by the water- I woke up with one thing on my mind, the box.

 I wasn't sure why but it was all I could think about. I strolled over to Gally's hammock and glanced down at him, he was still sleeping peacefully but it soon ended when I placed my hand on his face. He inhaled and stretched his eyes open.

 "Hey beautiful, what time is it?" Gally asked, his voice deep and scratchy.

 "Not quite sunrise yet" I said as I looked down at him with my hair dropping over my face, the ends of it tickling Gally's cheek. He brushed my hair behind my ear and furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Why you up then? You didn't have another nightmare did you?" He started to sit up slowly. 

"No, just felt like being an early bird today." I stood by the side of him and leant down for a small peck on the lips.

 "Oh, okay. Well I'm no early bird so.. come here you" Gally sprung his hands around me and pulled me down on top of him. I giggled as I arranged myself to be comfortable on top of Gally's strong build. I slowly let his warmth soak into my skin and the comfort of how he smelt sent me straight back to sleep.

I woke up with my head resting on Gallys chest feeling it rise and fall as he breathed, I glanced up and saw that he was awake and stroking his hand on my head, brushing my hair behind my ear over and over. 

"Hello again" He said smiling. "Sleep okay?" I smiled back at him and nodded.

"Yeah, so excited to see the greenie today?" I asked, the memory of the box flooding back into my mind.

"Oh yeah! I forgot about that, sure I guess so." Gally began to sit up and I sat with him, he flung his legs over the side of the hammock and pushed himself off. "I'm gonna head to work okay, I'll see you at the box when the siren goes off okay?" He leant in grabbed my waist and kissed me gently on the forehead. "Love you" And he walked off.

Love's me? I thought, then without no hesitation I called back. "Love you too!" Gally turned around and smiled at me and then continued to head towards the rest of the builders. I was still wearing Gally shirt and I pulled it up to my nose and took a deep breath. "Love you too" I whispered under my breath and I dropped the shirt. I felt a jab in my side and I glanced behind me to see Chuck stood there smiling.

"I saw that, you're welcome by the way" Chuck was grinning hugely.

"Thanks you klunk head but I probably would have got with Gally even if you had stayed out of it" I said with authority, I felt like his mum in a way.

"Yeah, you keep telling yourself that" Chuck just did his stupid little grin with his stupid little adorable face and headed of to see Alby so he could do some slopping.

I decided I should probably start heading over to the field so I got changed into something a little better suited to my size and headed to go meet Newt and the other guys in the field.

"What's up sis?" Newt asked in his strong english accent.

"Not much... Bro" We both laughed when I said that and Newt chucked me a packet of seeds.

"Get planting, we need some more crop" Newt said as he looked at me with those sad eye's of his, yet he still seemed so content.

"Yeah okay, hope the greenie comes up soon, then we don't have to work for the rest of the day." I said, remembering the rules, new green bean, no work, get to know them and have some moonshine. Disgusting stuff, but as Minho had said that night, gets the job done.

"Good that" Newt said and he continued to work.

It felt like forever, making holes, putting in three seeds, covering it over, pouring some water on top, over and over and over until, I heard the siren, clear as day. The box was coming up, finally!

I jogged over to the box and saw Gally coming in with his group of builders, we all stood around the box waiting for the wherring and buzzing to come to a stop. Once it did we all stepped back as the mechanical doors cranked open. Winston and Jeff reached down for the metal doors and pulled them open, a few snorts and laughs came out as we all looked down at the green bean. It was a boy, no surprise there, but an attractive one at that. I looked over at Alby who was stood across from me and I smiled and nodded my head approvingly. I leant over to Jeff and said, "Not bad looking is he?" Jeff just looked at me as if to say 'I'm not freaking gay, how should I know whether or not he's good looking' I giggled and studied the greenie, he was definitely confused, as we all were when we first came up. 

Gally must have noticed that I thought the green bean was attractive and he jumped down with a scowl on his face and grabbed the greenie by the shirt. "Day one greenie, rise and shine." Gally snatched him up and threw him onto the floor, we all stood in a tight circle around him and made comments. I heard Frypan say that he might be a good help in the kitchen. The boy looked completely terrified and he legged it to the maze walls. 

"We got a runner!" Charlie screamed.

The boy ran and ran, we were all cheering him on until he pelted it towards the Maze doors but he soon tripped and fell tumbling over himself. We all burst out with laughter and clapped him.

Newt caught up with him and sorted him out. I didn't care to much anymore and headed to Gally.

"Well he was speedy, and fit hu?" Gally said with an angry face.

I shook my head quickly, and placed my lips on his. "So, I love you, I don't care what these guys look like, no one compares to you" I kissed him once more to assure him that I was not into the greenie and we started to set up the bomb fire.