Chapter 18

(Graduation dress)

I was over at the Cullen's house, getting ready for graduation. I passed high school, it was stupid and hard, but I passed. I don't have to do any more homework or have to wake up early again. I can sleep in. Alice and Rose walked into Jasper's room. Alice was holding makeup in her arms and Rose had a dress bag on her shoulder with a pair of combat boots.

"No."

"Yes." They both said and Alice walked into the bathroom to set the makeup down. "Malia, come on." Rosalie said and put the bag on the bed.

"I don't do alot of makeup or wear dresses." I tell them crossing my arms.

"Just this one time and then we will stop asking you." Alice begs.

"Hmm. You said that at prom," I thought about it, "no." I ran out the room and downstairs. I felt two strong arms grab me around the waist. "Emmett, let me go." I growled.

"No, sorry can't." Everyone laughed at me.

I turned to Jasper, "I don't want to wear a stupid dress or have on makeup."

"Sorry, darling, can't stop Alice or Rosalie."

Emmett carries me up the stairs and back to Jasper's room. "Just because Rose told you no sex you don't have to grab me." Alice and Rose were standing there, smirking at me. Emmett sat me down on the chair and left. I gave up and after twenty minutes of my life wasted, they were done. I had on a black long sleeve dress, black combat boots and a gray jacket. They put my hair into loose curls and did my natural makeup. I looked at myself in the mirror and stared.

 I looked at myself in the mirror and stared

(This is what she looks like.)

"You look beautiful." I turned and saw Jasper at the doorway, he was dressed up nice. He had on a nice shirt and dress pants with dress shoes.

"You look handsome yourself."

He walked over to me to kiss me but I stopped him. "Your not getting any kisses because you didn't help me earlier." I walked passed him and out the door.

"You can't be serious, Malia."

"No kisses for the rest of the day. Sucks not getting what you want." I say and walk downstairs.

We headed to the school, got our cap and gown and then sat in our chairs with our names on them. Jessica walked on the stage to give her speech.

"When we were five they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up, our answers were things like astronaut, president, or in my case a princess. When we were ten they asked us again we answered, rock star, cowboy, or in my case a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up they want a serious answer. Well, how about this, who the hell knows!" Jessica said. Everyone of us cheered and laughed. "This isn't the time to make hard, fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes, take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere, fall in love...a lot. Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that, change your mind and change it again, because nothing's permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can, that way someday when they ask what we wanna be we won't have to guess, we'll know." Jessica finished her speech, we all applauded.