Chapter 12

I just want to thank you guys for all the love and support that you shown to this book. 

      "Malia, wake up. We're going to Jacob's house."

I sit up and looked at Bella, "you want to go to Jake's house, what for?" I ask.

"To hang out and get out of the house."

I looked at her, "Okay. Let me take a shower and get dressed."

She leaves and I get up to take my shower. After my shower, I got dressed in blue skinnys, black T-shirt and a red jacket with black lace up boots.  I grabbed my phone and everything that I need. I headed downstairs and saw that Bella was waiting for me.

"Okay, I'm ready."

We leave and I saw something in her truck bed covered with tarp.

"What's that?" I ask her as we get into the truck.

"A project that I'm going to see if Jake can't help me fix." She says as she starts driving.

   When we get to Jacob's house, he comes out of his house. A huge grin on his face.

"Bella, Malia!" He gives us a hug. "Where the hell have you been, loca?"

"I bought you something. It's a little crazy." Bella heads to her bed and she pulls the tarp away. She has two rusty motorcycles.

"Scrap metal. You shouldn't have."

"I rescued them from the junkyard. They'd cost more than they're worth to fix...unless one has a mechanic-type friend." Bella said to Jake.

"Me being the mechanic-type friend? Since when are you into motorcycles?" Jacob asks Bella.

"Since now."

Jake studies the bikes,"the parts alone will be pricey."

"I have a college fund I can dig into."

"Charlie's gonna love that." I say.

"Charlie won't know." She said that giving me a look.

"If you want to drive death machines then be my guest." I say.

"Wow. Lying to Charlie. Blowing through college money. Repairing dangerous machines-that I'm guessing you'll want to ride?" Jake says.

"I get it if you think this is stupid and reckless."

"Oh, it's totally stupid and reckless, when do we start?"

Bella smiles for the first time in forever. I help Jake get the bikes off of Bella's truck. We push them into the garage and start taking the apart. We worked on the for a little bit today and  said we could come back tomorrow.

   When tomorrow came, we were back over at Jacob's place messing with the bikes. Jacob was putting parts together on the ground.

"If were going to be working on this everyday, we should probably include some homework. I don't want Billy thinking that I'm a bad influence on you." Bella says.

"You influence me. Please."

"I'm older than you so that makes me the influencer and you the influence."

Jacob laughs,"No, no, no. My size and knowledge base actually makes me older than you because of your general paleness and lack of know-how."

"She did convince you to secretly build y'all two wheeled death machines, don't you think that makes you kind of young and naive?" I ask.

"Okay. So where do we stand?"

"She's 35 and you might be 32." I say.

"Come on." He looks at me and I laugh.