Chapter 27

I was finishing the last bite of my sandwhich that I fixed as Edward and Bella walked in. Leah and Seth were upstairs playing with Kyle and Kylie.

"Wow. Done already?" Emmett asks them.

Bella ignored Emmett and looked around. "Where's Renesmee?"

"Blondie stole her." Jake says and we watch Rose play with Renesmee.

"Break alot of stuff?" Emmett asks.

"Emmett. No." We all chuckle at that.

The phone rings and we all know that it's Charlie.

"Is that Charlie?" Bella asks.

"He's been calling twice a day." I tell her as I have answered a few of the calls and talked with him. "He's in pretty rough shape."

"Eventually, we'll have to tell him you didn't make it." Carlisle tells Bella.

"He needs to mourn, Bella." Edward tells her.

"Okay. We'll do it tomorrow." Bella says as she walks back to Edward.

Emmett puts the newspaper down, "I'm gonna miss this place." Emmett gets up.

"We'll come back. We always do."

"Wait. Nobody said anything about leaving." Jake says looking at us.

"Once people believe Bella's dead, we can't risk anyone seeing her." Carlisle explains.

"So you just disappear?"

"Jacob, we don't have any other choice." Edward tell him.

Jacob leaves for a while and he come back telling us what he did. He turned in front of Charlie.

"Look, I solved a problem. You were leaving. What did you expect me to do?"

"You don't realize the danger you've put him in. The Volturi will kill anyone who knows about us." Bella tells Jacob.

"No, I didn't tell him about you. Just me. I only said you were different."

"And that we have a niece who we adopted."

"I mean, seriously, Jake, he's not just gonna let that go."

"Did you consider the physical pain he'll put Bella through? It'll be like sticking a white hot branding iron down her throat. And that's assuming she can control her thirst."

" I mean she resisted the mountain climber." I say. "Bella's got control. I believe in her." Bella hugs me.

"Look, Charlie's been in hell, and I know you'll be much happier with him in your life."

"Jacob, don't try and pretend you're doing this for anyone but yourself." Edward says.

"Sorry you feel that way because he'll be here in ten minutes."

"What!"

Everyone met in the living room. Alice went upstairs and came back with contacts. I went upstairs into our bedroom. Jasper was there and the twins were playing with Leah and Seth. I walked over to them and caught their eyes.

I crouched down, "Listen to momma. Your grandpa will be coming over to see Bella and Renesmee. He'll want to meet you too. Now momma needs you two to be on your best behavior and don't shift into your coyote form in front of him. Okay? Can you do that for momma?" The twins nod and giggled.

I looked at Jasper, "I'm going to go be with Bella for support."

"Okay, love." We kissed and I walked downstairs. We hear Charlie's police cruiser driving up and stopping. I sat on the couch with Bella and Edward. Charlie knocked on the door and Carlisle went to answer it.

"Hello Charlie."

"Where's Bella?"

We hear more footsteps and then see Charlie and Carlisle. Charlie sees Bella and walks over.

"Bella?"

"Hi, dad."

"Are you okay?"

"Never better. Healthy as a horse."

Charlie looks at Jacob and then at Bella, "You don't turn into an animal, too, do you?"

Jake chuckles, "She wishes she was that awesome."

Bella looks at Edward, "Let's give them some privacy."

We all got up and left Bella and Charlie alone. I walked to the twins and picked up kyle, Jasper got kylie. We tickled them and the laughed. I waited until Charlie met Renesmee before going down with the twins.

"Charlie." He turned around and saw Jasper and I with the twins. He walks over and looks at them.

"Kyle and Kylie, right?"

"Yeah, guys this is Grandpa Charlie." The twins looked at him. "This is the man who took momma in when she had noone."

Charlie looked at me and smiled. He looked at the twin again. "You and Jasper made some beautiful kinds, Malia."

"Thanks, Charlie." Jasper and I said together.

We visited for a few more minutes and then we put the twins down for a nap. Charlie stay for a few more minutes and then he left. Bella and I waved at him as he drove away.

Sorry it's short the next one will be longer I promise!