Chapter 30: Brightest Light

Start from the beginning

Kim laughed a bit after seeing his daughter's pouty lips. "Of course, baby." He gives his permission that made his daughter scream in excitement.

Godt lift and carry Dhara, just like his own daughter. They both leave the room and let the two talk privately. When Kim heard the noise of the door, he moves his feet to get near at Copter who's busy eating some fruits.

"Did still hurts?" Kim uttered.

"Physical? Just a little bit. But emotionally? Its too much." Copter told before biting a fruit.

"I am sorry. Sorry for everything I made. I know it's too much but can you forgive me?" Kim's lifeless voice.

"I don't think so."

Kim sigh first and close his eyes for a couple of minutes. When he open his eye, he sees that Copter is busy chewing something. It made him to keep silent and let his eyes to be spoiled.

"By the way, when I can discharge here? Dhara want me to go home." Copter uttered without looking to the person he ask.

"That's why I am here." Kim put something in Copter's lap. It is a brown envelop.

"What's that? Another contract?" He paused and look at Kim, trying to read Kim's expressionless. Then, continue. "I am overdose in the contract, Kim." He added.

"That's our contract. This is the last day and you are free now. No Kim and Dhara; moreover, you can start your new life without us."

Copter stop eating after his ears heard Kim's word. This is he wants, to be free from pain but why he felt a pain again. For knowing that he can't be a part of Kim and Dhara's life? Or Kim hurt him again?

But still, he manage to smile in front of this man. "If that so.. I can live peacefully starting now." He uttered something that against in his heart and mind. Now, he learned how to lie, just to save him from pain again.

.
.
.

***

(Flashback)

(Flashback)

Godt sit in the side of the stretcher while he helps Copter to take a sit.

"Comfortably?" Godt asked after he put a pillow at Copter's back.

"Yes. Thank you." Copter smiled back after Godt smile to him.

Godt look at his phone after he felt that it was vibrated a while ago. He checked the message he received and after, he put it back in his pocket.

"Mr. Kim and Dhara will come here." Godt uttered.

But Copter didn't mind what Godt told. He focus his eyes downward and looking in his hands that resting in his lap.