5- Layla

Currently blinded by hatred I tried to focus on what Mrs. Rain explaining. A week had passed since back to school and we were on Friday. It took me three math classes for me to give up.

I swear I didn't know what pissed me off the most, the students that turned the classroom into their playground or the fact that the teacher did nothing whatsoever to stop them.

Private school my beautiful behind.

It could also be this constant voice in my head telling me that I'm too dumb to finish this problem and that I'll stay average -if not below average- my whole life.

No biggie.

I finally gave up putting my pen down and looking at the opposite of the room my eyes landing on Caleb's muscular back.
We were in three classes together English, Spanish and this one. Contrarily to what I thought he didn't acknowledge me that much since I dropped him off or opened my shutters to realize his bedroom was facing mine.

"I guess the newfound popularity got to his head." I thought as he talked to Diana, the queen of box braided buns as I called her.

The Academy wasn't used to having new students, most of us were here since middle school so his arrival didn't go unnoticed. Add that to the facts that he is mysterious -I wasn't the only one who noticed-, and as hot as harissa -I'm not blind- and you get the perfect ruler for a bunch of sheeps. This school needed one since Chad left.

I observed the way his skin blended perfectly with Diana's as she put a hand on his forearm laughing. He was now partly face to me and I realized this was the first time I saw him smiling his teeth out unlike the tight smiles and smirks I got since I've met him. It was truly mesmerizing, his perfectly aligned teeth seemed extra white against his brownish lips and dimples appeared on his face giving him that much more charm.

I started becoming bright red when I noticed he was coming my way his eyes taunting me.

"Hey Freckles." He sat down in the empty seat next to me and I stared open mouthed at the teacher as she let him do.

My hateful freckles must be long gone under all the red probably on my face.

I realized I talked out loud when he spoke up.

"Yeah it's not like you were caught staring at the same person for the third time." He said his eyes trying to look into mines but I wouldn't give in. There was something about watching right into some people's eyes that made me feel uneasy and I hated it. He was one of those people.

"Why would anyone look at you when Diana is next to you?" ... throwing every insecurities you have right back at you. My voice unfortunately came out bitterly but I didn't correct myself.

He glanced over to her long crossed legs and I didn't miss the lust in his eyes but he quickly stopped himself as if feeling guilty for his mind's doing and tried to catch my eyes.

"She is really pretty but she is also really interesting and you would know that if you got to know her."

First of all you've known her for a week second of all no.

"Interesting." He shot me a questioning look. "How you refused to objectify her."

He rolled his eyes like it was basic common sense as if all the boys in this room weren't thirsty making me scoff.