3- Layla

I'm late for my first day of school.

I usually depended on the sunlight to help me get up in the morning but it's been a week and I still haven't dared to open my shutters in fear to meet those damn eyes again.

A ray of light landed on them just as he met mine and I stayed staring at the deep brown color for probably more than five minutes.
The eyelids were creased like in Western eyes but closer to the eyelashes like Asian eyes.

They were truly captivating okay ? Not my fault.

I put skinny jeans and an oversized t-shit on before applying a winged liner and mascara to my eyes and doing my eyebrows.

Running downstairs I met my parents and Bobby at the kitchen table, quickly saying good morning and kissing their cheeks.

I ignored my brother's funny face as I ruffled his hair and tried to join the conversation.

"As I was saying dad, I spent two weeks in hell getting roasted because of my name. Bobby ? Seriously? Did you know that my cousins -or uncles i don't even know- have meanings to their name? Even Layla as weird as it is." He ranted an easygoing smile on his face.

Dark beauty and Intoxication.

"What's the definition of Bobby huh? Dumb fuck ?"

My smile dropped alongside his as we both froze carefully looking over to our dad who stayed silent.

"I just wanted one of my children to have a normal name." He said sternly and I rolled my eyes at the uncalled for comment.

It was my mom who changed the subject to Bobby's first year of high school.
He won't be going to mine because it strongly believes in the stimulation of the brain by the arts so every student either has to dance, paint, sing or act.

However my dear brother preferred kicking in a ball as an after school activity and we only offered two hours of PE a week.

I ate as fast as I could before rushing out to the door on one foot putting my shoe on the other.

My eyes fell down on a pair of sneakers and I heard a throat clearing itself.

"Hey." A deep voice said and I looked up, falling into the damn eyes, staring once again into them.

Tfou.

"Haven't you stared at me long enough last time?" He chuckled offering me his tattooed hand to stand up.

I huffed, taking it and standing up my cheeks reddening.

"If you noticed you must've been staring at me too." I raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow and he rolled his eyes at the poor comeback. "What are doing here ? Um- better yet who are you ?" I hoped my voice didn't sound too mean, I was just curious. And late for school.

He seemed surprised that I wouldn't know and scratched the back of his neck. Even when he was in a obviously awkward position his body screamed confidence. He opened his mouth but Kimberly came rushing up the stairs to my house and met us smiling.

I took a close look at her. Even with a beautiful smile on her face all I could see was her deepened under eyes and tears all over distressed face. I realized I wasn't the only one good at hiding emotions and at lying.