Ice (Fuegoleon x reader)

Fuegoleon is such a serious character that I kind of struggled writing for him, so I hope he's not too out of character!

>~<

(Y/n)'s POV

It was 3 years ago on a snowy winter night when it happened. I was a noble, but after my house was raided and set on fire and my parents were murdered, I was left with no place to live. It was hard finding work, because as a 15 year old noble who was spoiled all her life I didn't have any idea of how to work. I couldn't cook nor clean nor be hospitable and server others. That day I used the last of my money to purchase a hot bowl potato of soup which is something a commoner would indulge in. I never scarfed down a meal so fast in my life.

Once the restaurant closed, I was forced to leave its warmth and go into the freezing cold. There was no room left in the homeless shelters or churches, so I curled up to a trash can outside and cried. I really felt like trash back then. I asked myself what did I do to deserve this? I tried to find people to blame for my situation, but there was no one to blame. Eventually, after sitting in the cold for about 15 minutes almost turning into ice itself, a radiant heat warmed me.

"Come with me," the man exuding heat said.

Usually I would never blindly go with a stranger, but I had no reason to refuse because I had nowhere to go. I tried to stand up, but my legs were too cold to stay standing and I collapsed. The man who exhibited heat like a fireplace picked me up and carried me in his strong arms in which I fell asleep in. When I awakened, I found myself in a warm room in a queen sized bed.

"So you've finally woken up. What's your name?" The man asked as he arose from the chair he was in and set down the book he was reading at the desk next to the bed.

"(Y-y/n)," I nervously replied.

"I see, so you're from House (Last name). I'm sorry my magic knights and I weren't able to make it in time." He apologized.

"You know of House (Last Name) and you said you tried to save it?" I asked. "Who are you?"

"Oh yes, I suppose I didn't tell you my name when I saw you out in the snow storm last night." He said. "My name is Fuegoleon Vermillion, Captain of the Crimson Lions.

You mean the Fuegoleon of the Crimson Lions?! I've never seen him in person, but I've heard so many wonderful stories about him and his magic knights excellent service to the Clover kingdom.

"I-i'm so sorry for being such a burden to you!" I quickly sprung out the bed to bow and apologize.

He let out a light chuckle. "It's not a problem Miss (Y/n). Why don't you go shower? The maids will come in and help you prepare for breakfast."

"Oh no, you don't have to—" I began to say but the Crimson Lions' captain had already shut the door and left.

Well I was grateful for his hospitality, but I can't take advantage of his kindness. Somehow I must repay him.

"Miss (Y/n), we are coming in!" I heard a female voice call from the other side of the door.

It must be the maids.

The maids came in, and boy were they something! Before escorting me to the shower, they took my measurements for clothes, and when I came back from my shower which felt heavenly, there where a fresh set of clothes on the bed I slept in and they fit perfectly. These maids were a lot better than that my family had!

When I came downstairs for breakfast in the dinning hall, Fuegoleon was at the head of the table. On the left side of him was his younger brother who I believe is named Leopold. I also heard that there's an older sister in the Vermilion family, but she left the kingdom to go train.