Finding You (Yami Sukehiro x reader)

Requested by @yandere_pancakes

~<>~

(Y/n)'s POV

"Bye Yami, I hope you catch a big load of fish!" I yelled to my friend who was on his small wooden boat.

He gave me a nod, and sailed far out from the land of the sun. I remember watching him until I couldn't see him anymore, but I did know that would be the last time I'd see him.

One month passed by, and Yami had not returned. I begged my parents, Yami's family, and friends to go out and search for him, but they all told me that Yami is dead.

"How do you know?!" I cried. "Did you physically go out and check if he's alive?!"

"(Y/n)...Yami hasn't returned and it's been a months. His usual trips don't take more than a week." My mother said.

I let the anger pent up in me come out.

"Why doesn't anyone care about Yami?! Doesn't anyone want to see if he really is dead?!" I yelled.

"Honey, it's not that it's just—"

"It's just what? It's just what mom?!" I cried.

My mother was silent. She couldn't even look me in the eyes.

"Fine then! I'll go find Yami myself!" I screamed.

"The only place you're going is your room," my father intervened. "You shouldn't be yelling at your mother like this. It's not her fault that Yami is gone."

"Why? Why doesn't anyone care?!" I whined as I went up stares, slamming the door to my room.

That night I cried. I cried and cried until I couldn't cry anymore. Yami was my best friend, he was like an annoying brother to me. Everyone is saying that he's dead, but I won't believe it until I see it myself. I just know Yami wouldn't die so easily; he's out there somewhere. Tomorrow morning I'll sneak out and take a boat to the fishing area that Yami would always go to.

Early the Next Morning

Money, food, water, compass, map, clothes, blanket, check. It's half past five and both my parents are still asleep. I wish I didn't have to sneak out like this, but I have to see if Yami really is dead. I left the house at 5:45 am, and walked to the boat dock.

"Good morning sir, may I rent a boat?" I asked.

"Lass, aren't ya a tad bit young to be travel'n on yer own?" The old man who lends out his boats questioned me.

"Thanks for your concern, but I'll be fine on my own." I assured him.

"Alright, but do yer folks now yer out here? Travel'n solo can be dangerous."

"Look man, do you want my money or not? Times ticking and I don't have time for you or your questions." I told him.

"Ya sure know how to do business lass. That'll run ya 1000 yul." He said.

I gave the man his money, and off I was to find Yami. Because I've been on a few of Yami's fishing trips, I know where to go to search for him. My guess is that Yami got shipwrecked on a different land, so I brought with me a sketch of Yami drawn by yours truly. On the map I brought, I highlighted the lands that Yami could have been shipwrecked on: the Clover kingdom, the Spades kingdom, the Diamond kingdom, or the Heart kingdom. The most likely place he landed is the Clover kingdom since it's the closest, so that's where I'm headed to first.

The Next Day

So this is Clover kingdom? It's a lot nicer than my homeland. I left the boat I rented at the beach, and decided to go into the city. The biggest problem I had was understanding the language of the Clover people. They speak a completely different language than my homeland. However, I didn't let the language barrier stop me. Somehow I was able to communicate with the people by body gestures and by showing them the sketch of Yami I drew. And by the expressions on some of the people's faces, Yami has been here.