The Aftermath of Crutchy Making Cookies

Start from the beginning

"Race was helpin Romeo cheat at Uno an someting happened," Elmer says and Crutchy smacks gently in the back with his crutch. Jack looks at all of the boys.

"Dat still don't explain da smoke detector, fellas," He says, taking in the expression of each and every boy now in the room. Some look like they just rolled out of bed and Jack has a feeling that they did. Jack tries to get someone to break and tell him what happened in general. No one is saying a thing, but Davey begins to fidget from his spot next to Crutchy. "Ey, Davey! When did you'se an Les get here?" Davey laughs and says,

"Well, before all of this went down. Les and I were bored and decided to come over. Crutchy said we could and then we started helping with the cookies. I tried to help keep all of the craziness under control, but as you can see it didn't really work. I'm sorry, Jack." Jack gives a small chuckle and says,

"It's okay, Davey. It ain't yer fault an it ain't Crutchy's eiddah. It's all o youse who thought ya could help Crutchy really ta steal his cookie dough or something." The boys all hang their heads sadly and Jack says, "I told Crutchy dat youse weren't allowed ta have da sugah dat early on in da day an all e did was listen ta me." Jack notices the sugar cereal boxes on the table and he looks immediately at Race.

"What?" The boy in question whines when he sees the look that his older brother is giving him.

"I'se get da feelin dat dis is yer fault," Jack says as he gestures to the boxes on the kitchen table. Race and Romeo exchange nervous glances and Jack crosses his arm, his eyebrow raising. "Well?"

"Race told me where da cereal was an I got it out. It's all my fault, Jacky," Romeo says quickly. Race puts his face into his hand and groans.

"I'se told ya dat a long time ago, ya nitwit," Race grumbles from behind his hand. "Dat don't mean you was supposed ta get inta it." The older boys glare at Race for revealing their secret cereal stash. Race puts his hands up. "Ey! It ain't my fault!"

"Yea, but it's our secret cereal!" Skittery growls. Race groans again.

"So Uno an da smoke detector?" Jack asks, pointing to the deck of Uno cards scattered on the floor and the smoke detector still on the floor.

"Romeo hid his card! A winning card!" Elmer yelled again, "An it affected me, I had ta lose da game because o da two cheaters ovah dere. I'se gonna finish soakin ya latah, Higgins." Race stands up and Jack gets in between the two boys. 

"Finish soakin?" Jack asks Elmer and Elmer nods, pounding his fist into his palm.

"Yea, we'se had it goin on fore Davey an Crutchy stopped. Da cookies kinda burned den too," Elmer says defiantly.  

"Den da smoke detector started goin off which woke da rest o us, an Finch here, decided ta shoot it wid his slingshot," says Kid Blink smacking Finch in the head.

"You was da one yellin ta make da smoke detector stop, so dat's what all I did, Blink," Finch confesses softly. The boys all roll their eyes and begin to hassle the boy.

"I tink yous was just lookin for an excuse ta use dat slingshot o yours," Albert says and the younger boys sneak over to the cookie tray. Romeo manages to pry a cookie off of the burnt cookie tray.

"NO!" Jack, Crutchy, and Race all say quickly before Romeo can eat any of his cookie.

"What so's youse just gonna let dis poirfectly good cookie go ta waste?" He asks, examining the cookie.

"Dey's ain't poirfect, Romeo. Dey's burnt," Crutchy says. Romeo grins and says proudly,

"It's sugah an peanut buttah!" Romeo takes a huge bite out of the cookie and grins. "Poirfect!" Jack and Crutchy groan as all of the younger boys, including Les even though Davey pleads otherwise, eat the cookies.

"Well, dey's got used for someting," Crutchy mutters in a slightly optimistic manner. Jack shrugs.

"At least ya tried, Crutch. Just meybe try someting else when da boys ain't around," He says gently.

"Yea, cuz ta be honest. Dis was kind o a disaster, but next, I'se wants ta try pancakes." Crutchy declares. He knows pancakes are easy and he will be the master of them in no time.

AN:/ Yay! Sorry that this one is kind of short. This is kind of a filler and there was not a lot to talk about since this is a follow up to Crutchy Makes Cookies. An immediate follow up. Jack is such a good big brother to Crutchy and I'm glad he encourages him to try again. Keep your eyes peeled for a Peter Pan and Newsies one shot crossover. Aintweproud has inspired me to give this a go. I loved their one shot and I want to try my own. Also the next chapter for There's A Life That's the Worth the Living is in the works, it just needs finished. Please tell me what you guys think of this one. I know it is not really that good compared to my other ones. Sorry about that. We also haven't seen Katherine in awhile, so she will appear in either this next one shot or the one shot after. I hope you liked it and an extremely random question, but...If Peter Pan could turn into an animal or an inanimate object, what would it be? Yep, I know random. It will make more sense soon. I hope you like this one! Enjoy the story! See you soon, friends!