Eva P.O.V

Eva P.O.V

I lay in my bed staring at the ceiling. I whimpered as the screams started again.

"Go away! Please go away!"

"Eva? Eva!"

"Go away!"

I covered my face with my hands hoping that would help even though I knew it wouldn't.

"Eva! It's Jack, Eva! Calm down."

Suddenly I felt two arms wrap around me. I moved my hands to see Jack holding me tightly. I relaxed into his arms as he stroked my hair.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I don't know what happened, I just lost control, there was so much blood, and I was happy. I was enjoying killing this way."

"That wasn't you. That was whatever they had injected into you; they have done this not you. This isn't your fault."

"I wanted to kill more! I wanted to spill more blood! I went too far, and I bet it will happen again next time."

"It won't happen next time if I can help it."

I closed my eyes and drifted off into a restless sleep.

I groaned as something moved underneath me. I slowly opened my eyes to see the sun shining through my curtains.

"Morning."

I heard a masculine voice groan causing me to shoot up in shock when I turned slightly to see Jack lying next to me.

"Jack?"

I felt confused as I looked at him.

"You fell asleep on me last night, and I didn't want to wake you up, I guess I fell asleep too."

I sighed as he tried to explain himself.

"Thank you."

"What for?"

"Being with me."

"I better get going but it is no problem."

Sighing he stands up and stretches then I watch as he walks out. Huffing I get out of bed then as I changed the thought of a new day filled me with dread.

The smell of food filled my nostrils as I walked into the living quarters.

"I hope you're hungry."

I sat down on a chair and watched Jack as he cooked.

"There will be no time for that."

I turned slightly to see my master walking in; he dropped the notebook in front of me as I glared at him while picking up the book.

"What if I disagree to do this?"

"Do you want to see your family again?"

He smirked at me as I growled at him. Feeling myself losing my temper slightly.

"Markus! Leave her; she isn't in a good place now. Please don't push her."

I huffed getting annoyed as I grabbed the book and stood up.

"Eva? No, you don't have to do this right now."

"Stay out of this Jack. This is none of your business"

I ran upstairs to get ready.

I placed my hands in my pockets as I walked down the street; I gripped on to my notebook tightly not bothering to check the names. I wondered how long I could stay out before there was a search party but then I thought about my family and huffed.