Candyman

Mari:

I was just waiting for Boze to get here when I heard someone call my name. I looked and saw it was the guy with silver hair from earlier. He had a smile on his face.

"Mari right?" He asked.

"Yeah" I said.

"How's it hanging?" He asked.

"Um what?" I said.

"What's the news in the neighborhood?" He said.

"Excuse me?" I said confused.

"Sorry, I was trying to ask how you're doing but I wanted to sound cool" He admitted.

"Oh, why didn't you just say so" I said.

Wes just shrugged.

"Well, I'm alright, I'm just waiting on Boze to get here" I said.

"You want some candy?" He asked.

"Candy? all I see is chips and finger foods" I said looking at the tables.

"I got some" He said smiling.

"You do?" I asked.

Wes pulled out a bunch of packs of candy from his pockets. Somehow he managed to fit bags of gummy worms, gummy bears and sweedish fish in his pockets.

"I think I'll pass" I say wondering where he got it from.

"Suit yourself" he said opening one of the bags and snacking.

"Mari" A familiar voice said.

I turned and Boze was behind me. She smiled and walked over to me.

"Wes right?" Boze asked.

"Yup" Wes said smiling.

"Cool well I'm gonna borrow my friend for a while" Boze said.

"Ok" Wes said and walked away.

"What's with that guy?" Boze asked.

"I don't know, he's pretty nice but he's a little strange" I told her.

"Strange?" Boze asked.

"Not in a bad way, but like he seems to always be happy and carefree" I replied.

"Oh, I see what you mean" She said pointing.

I looked at where she was pointing. Wes was by himself eating gummy worms and dancing in place. Boze and I laughed at his innocence.

"C'mon let's go find Courtney" Boze said.

"Ok" I replied.

We left and started walking to go find our friend Courtney. Courtney was pretty chill but sometimes she could be a brat. Usually she was very outgoing though. She is always trying to find cute guys and set herself and us up. I wouldn't be suprised if she tried to do it at this party tonight.