Chapter 5 Work Time (Courtney's Pov)

Work was busy but time went by so slow, I guess because I was waiting on a super hunk to pick me up from work. I look at the clock: 6:45, only 15 minutes till I get off. Stupid clock goes so slow.
"Hey." I hear a voice.
"Huh?, oh it's you." I see Brent standing in front of my register. "What can I get you?"
"Large Baja Blast."
"I should've known." I turn around to get the cup.
"Do you work full time here?"
"Um, I did till school started again, then I started part time again. Here you go." I hand him the cup. "$2.75"
"Here, and here's a tip." He hands me a 10 dollar bill.
"Thank you so much" I smile. After all I don't get tipped but hardly ever.
"No problem. I can always help a friend in need." He smiles and walks out. "Goodnight."
"Night." If only people were as nice as him.
I glance at the clock: 7:00 sharp. Awesome. I look out the window to see a black BMW ok the parking lot. I take off my apron and clock out.
He opens the door and gets out. "The rain stopped, I didn't know wether or not to let you walk." He smiles that heart melting smile.
"I would rather walk." He walks around the car and opens the passenger door.
"Get in before I changed my mind." Oh man help ok in love.
"Fine, fine I'm coming." I walk over to the car and sit down. He closes the door gently and walks around to the drivers side.
"Ready beautiful?"
"Ready, handsome." He's just so nice.
He drove me back to my house and asked if I wanted to come over to watch a movie so I said ok.
We walk into his house and Aria's sitting on a stool looking out the window.
"Hey Ari."
"Oh, hey." She seems depressed but I don't ask.
"So what do you want to watch?"
"I'm down for whatever."
"How about The Lion King, a classic?"
"Okay, haha whatever I'm fine."
He sits down on the couch and I sit next to him and he puts his arm around me.
"So", he begins,"what's you favorite color?"
"Like a baby blue, or a teal. Yours?"
"Green or maybe blue. What's your favorite fast food place?"
"Um am I allowed to say anything but Taco Bell?"
"Don't worry I won't tell."
"Ok, I like Panera Bread. Or Jamba Juice. You?"
"Chipotle."
"Cool, I've never been."
He jumps up," What? You've never been to Chipotle?"
"Honestly, no."
"I guess I'll just have to take you then. Saturday?"
"Sounds great. I'd better be getting home before my brother locks the door and I can't get in."
"Night."
"Night."
And with that I walk next door.
~~~
When I get back to my house I remember I haven't even eaten yet, so I grab some bread, butter and cinnamon for cinnamon toast. Yes I know that's it's not time for breakfast, but really I don't need to eat a lot. My mom says I should really eat more, but I don't see it.
After eating I go upstairs to take a shower and go back to my room and put on Justice sweats and a black tank top. I grab my laptop and go and change my status on Face-a-gram to taken. Aw that feels nice. Mrs. Dallas. Courtney Dallas. Courtney Alexis Dallas. I like that yes.
Finally after closing my laptop and laying down for over and hour, I fell asleep.
***
The next day was another was day of school, but today I didn't feel as bad and I was kind or excited to go.
I went down stairs to find my mom on the phone.
"No, but you don't understand, in the only one working, I'm the one paying the bills, please just, yes I understand. Ok. Ok. Bye."
What is going on? "Mom, is everything ok?"
"Yes honey, I've got to go get ready for a long day."
"Mom, you can tell me anything you know that right."
"Yes, we'll I just lost my job, and I'm going to need to find some way to pay for our house and bills."
"Oh Mom! I'm so sorry."
"Don't worry sweetie I got it all figured out. Please just don't tell Ali. I don't want your sister to worry."
"Ok Mom, I won't." Then she walked upstairs.
I grabbed a frozen breakfast burrito from the freezer and put it in the microwave.
I grabbed my phone and looked at my texts and Cameron sent me one.
Good morning beautiful😊
I decide to text back
Hello handsome.
The microwave beeps and I get my burrito. I eat my burrito fast and walk back upstairs to get ready for school. I throw on a pair of Hollister shorts and a blue tank top with an American flag, and my black Converse. I go to the bathroom, brush my teeth and hair and head down stairs to grab my phone and backpack and walk out the door.
I don't see Aria out side so I guess she's not ready so I walk to her house and open the door.
"Ari! You ready?"
Cam comes out of his room and walks downstairs in his sweats and a plain white tee with his bed head.
"She went with Lexi."
"Who's Lexi?"
"Brent's sister."
"Oh she usually would tell me. That's weird. We'll I better get to pedaling." As I turn to walk out the door Cameron grabs my arm.
"Hang on I'll drive you."
With in 5 minutes he's already ready and we're out the door.