☀️CHAPTER FOUR☀️

⭐️⭐️⭐️

"Are you hungry?" he asks with a twinkle in his eyes
I am embarrassed to be caught checking out the food like this. "Uh...err... not really," I mutter. He smiles as his eyes meet mine. He is dressed in a single-breasted tuxedo jacket with a peak lapel. He is tall, could easily be six feet one, and his hair is nicely cut. I notice the cleft on his chin and the dimple in his right cheek as he smiles. My heart does a flip as my eyes meet his. He is very handsome and he seems to be unaware of his looks or charm. He seems straight out of a Mills & Boon novel, which I use to devour as a teenager. Altaaf's looks pale in comparison to his. "How can I let my guest be without a drink? What can I get you?" he asks. "Well, uhmm I dont really need anything" I say, blushing. He raises his full dark eyebrows "You've been standing here for a while now, I've been noticing you since you came in. You look stranded" he says "You have very full eyebrows" I hear myself saying. What has come over me? Why am I flirting and throwing myself so darn shamelessly at this guy? Why am I acting like I have never seen a good looking male before? Because no man this good-looking has even spoken to you before and you are so flattered with the attention he is giving you. 'Stop it, Saab!', I admonish myself inside my head. He tilts his head and laughs in delight.

"Bold!" he says. "I like that!" he adds, as he goes off to get me a drink. "A glass of chapman for a charming woman" he says handing over my drink to me. Then he leads me to one of the tables and we sit down. "Is your drink fine?" he asks. I take a sip and I love it. "Perfect" I reply. I am grateful for his company and his unflinching attention towards me. I turn around and try to find Najma but she is lost somewhere in the crowd. I spot Amraa coming towards us. " Ahh Saab, Im so sorry I left you..I've been with my cousins. Guess what? Aamir is here!!" she squeals with excitement. Aamir is Amra's boyfriend. Everything in that girl's life seems to be perfect. I mean she has a boyfriend whose name rhymes with hers. "kaga kanwar amarya an sha kyau (Here comes the bride's sister, looking so pretty)" exclaimed Alameen. "Laa, Hamma Aminu!" she says covering her face with her palms shyly. "So who is this Aamir that my Amrataa is so excited to see? I am hurt" Alameen said wincing and touching his chest dramatically. "Haba Hamma, my name is Amraa not Amrataa o" she says pouting. "Toh Amrataa! Naji" he says sticking his tongue out. That particular action made him look so young and extremely handsome, Subhanallah!
'Won't you introduce me to your friend? Where are your manners?" he says playfully referring to Amra. "Oh, Sorry Sorry.. Hamma, This is my bestie Sabreen. Sabreen this is my favorite cousin Alameen. He is the groom's younger brother". This girl has alot of fine cousins i've got to admit. So he's the groom's younger brother. No wonder he is so chilled and relaxed because it is their event.

"Sabreen" he calls my name in his husky voice snapping me out of my thoughts. No one has ever pronounced my name better. "Tell me about yourself" he trailed off. "Noo Hamma, not now. We have to go and walk the bride and groom in. That includes you. We have to be in pairs too. Sabreen is going to pair up with Haidar. Where is that Najma of a girl.." she rattled.
"It's okay, I can pair up with Sabreen. You dont have to bother Haidar. What do you think my lady?" he asks looking at me with his piercing eyes. God, i feel the hair on my arms rising. This man sure knows how to charm a woman. I blush luxuriously. "Err..I'd rather i just sit here. You two can go" I reply. To be honest, i do not want to go and make a fool of myself infront of all these posh people. I can barely get a grip of my borrowed heels too. I feel so out of place. "Come on Saab, ki tashi muje mana(stand up lets go please) or do you want to just sit there alone all night?" Amraa whined. "Oh dont worry about that Amraata. Ill keep her company. We dont want to leave our guest unattended to, right?" Alameen says with a hint of excitement laced in his voice. "Okay then. Ill be right back! And Hamma, don't pester her with your noise" Amraa says rushing out. "Just go already Amrataaaa" he reply rolling his beautiful eyes.

"You seem uncomfortable, is everything okay? Or do you want me to go?" He asks glaring at me scrutinizingly. "No, Im okay..Im just not used to this" i say gesturing at the entire setting. "Tell you what? Im also not a big fan of crowd. Sometimes, you just cant help it. I mean its my brother's dinner. What kind of brother will I i be if I dont show face?" he stated. Then he gestured for me to lean forward "Shhh..Dont tell anyone, but im mostly here for the food" he whispered with a smile lingering on his lips. I started to laugh so hard then i remember where i am and the handsome man sitting in front of me. I quickly compose myself and clear my throat. "You should laugh more often. It makes you look even more beautiful" Alameen said. I look up at him and his eyes met mine. That smile is still playing around his mouth. No man has ever called me beautiful before. So i find myself floating on cloud nine.

We chatted the night away. He told me about the university he attended. His secondary school days. Where he works. Apparently, he's the Managing Director of one of his dad's companies in Abuja. I find myself telling him about myself. Months of being with Amraa and Najma has fine-tuned the efforts needed to turn on the feminine charm. I am going full steam here, laughing at his jokes and making eye contacts with him from time to time while the conversation is bubbling as smoothly as the drink he is sipping.
With Alameen paying so much attention to me, I don't feel dowdy anymore. I can't be so bad if he is is ignoring all the gorgeous women in the party and talking only to me. Then I notice that time and again, his gaze wanders to another woman who is dressed to kill in a red gown with a slit riding right up to her knee. She is chatting with a guy in an exaggerated manner. Obviously in an attempt to make someone jealous.
"You know her?" I ask Alameen directly. "Uhmm yes" he reply "Ex-girlfriend" I ask. Observing people in relationships without actually being in any, have honed my intuitive abilities. "Oh my God! Are you a witch?" He sounds astonished.
"In secret, I brew love spells. But mostly they turn into dust instead of lust," I reply back with a smile. I immediately regret saying that. Damn! This is what reading too much romantic novels does to you. I sound too cheesy for my liking. "Oh, you don't need a spell for lust," he says, as he looks into his glass for a few seconds. "Let me go and get us food" he says abruptly and left the table.

***
I subconciously look at my phone's screen and its 10pm. God! I could swear it was just 8pm thirty minutes ago. How time flies. I have to go home now. I search around the room with my eyes for Amra and Najma. I spot Najma on the dance floor with Altaaf. I hurriedly dialled her number because the dance floor is far from where i am seated. The phone rings twice but Najma is too far gone. The music is too loud. I start to walk towards her and then i notice Amraa dancing with Aamir. "Amraa! Amraa" i yell but P-square wont let somebody hear word. I walk up to them, mumbled a 'Hi'to Aamir and dragged Amraa from the dance floor.