☀️CHAPTER ONE☀️

June 2013

"Amraaaaa! You do know that that wicked lecturer waits for no one, right?" I shrilled at Amra who is dabbing powder nonchalantly on her already perfectly made-up face. "Relax Saab, I am not going to that class looking like a nun. We still have like.. *she swiftly checks her wrist watch* 10 more minutes remaining. So why the haste?" she replied batting her long eyelashes. "But the lecture hall is a little bit far from here. Its going to take us another 5 minutes to get there. I suggest we leave right now so that we'll be there just in time to get seats behind. Thanks to you Amra, we are not going to sit in the front of the class today" growled Najma. At this point i was already panicking. We are to attend Maths 109 class and the lecturer is a straight no-nonsense man. Last week, He locked the door immediately he entered the class leaving almost fourty percent of the class outside and he gave the students present a quiz which he promised he is going to add it up to our continuous assessment. Luckily, i was in the class.

I start to walk briskly out of the cafeteria. I cannot afford to be in the black book of Professor Adam. Its only my first year in the university and long before I even applied for the prestigious university, I've heard stories of Maths 109; the most difficult maths to pass in KASU. When people talk about that horrific course I quiver in fear because right from secondary school, Maths has always not been my forte. I half ran half walked pass the Admin Block to the lecture venue "Saab! Wait up" yelled Najma. I turned and saw them jogging towards me. "Haba Saab fushi kikayi neh? (Saab are you angry?)" asked Amraa. "No ba haka bane (Its not like that) you know that Professor does not tolerate late coming and i dont want to get in trouble" I said

We entered the class just in time for the lecture. We didnt get the front seats though just like Najma predicted. We had to settle for the back seats. I brought out my glasses and adjusted it on my plump face. I am short sighted so i find it hard spotting objects that are distant. Amraa brought out her new Iphone5 and started chatting away with her boyfriend, Ammar.

Amraa Aaban, with her stylish costumes, flawless complexion, easy laugh, and eyes that twinkle, is easily the best-looking girl in our department. Which is the Department Of Industrial Chemistry. She is the type of girl that intimidates people with her radiant beauty. She has this caramel toned complexion and eyes the color of honey. She is tall and has an hour glass shape. Usually, she is dressed to kill, her wardrobe consisting of mostly english wears and wellfitted gowns. She is from a wealthy family and is just biding her time in this school, as it will give her a chance to tell people that she is ‘pursuing a degree’, till she gets married. We are all certain she will get married to a wealthy businessman from her community and live in the lap of luxury for the rest of her life. Amra is blessed with beauty and brains. Her father, Alhaji Aaban Turaki is a tall, fine man from Adamawa State. He has only two children, Aamir and Amraa. He works with The Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation. Her mum, Hajiya Maryama is from Ethiopia (East Africa).
The first day I met Amraa in class we just bonded. Even though at first I thought she wouldnt want to be friends with a minor like me. I sat down beside her and she looked up and beamed at me. Turned out she's friendlier than she looks. She talks too fast and asks a lot of questions too. After the lecture she asked if i wanted to go to the cafeteria with her. It was my first day in school and i was basically stranded so i decided to tag along. Since that day, we became besties.

Najma Muyassar on the other hand is a very fierce and open-minded lady. She is dark but strikingly gorgeous. With high cheek bones and a sharp chin. She wears braces. I have never seen a girl that makes braces look absolutely amazing in my entire life. Most people look horrible with braces but she is an exception. She's not from a family as rich as Amraa's. You would'nt tag her as a poor girl too. She's a little bit between rich and filthy rich. Her father, Alhaji Muyassar Ahmad is a retired colonel. She's the fourth out of the 5 children that Allah blessed Alhaji Muyassar with. Na'im, Nailah, Noor, Najma and Nasreen. He hails from Zaria. Her mum, Hajiya Rahma is from Gombe State. A tall, fair lady in her mid forties.
I met Najma in chem 105 practical laboratory. We were separated into groups and i happen to fall in the same group with her. The lab attendant asked every group to present its leader and Najma and I were the only two out of the ten people in my group to volunteer. We looked at eachother awkwardly and smiled. I told her to go for it because it looked like she wanted it so bad. She gladly took the position. That is how we became friends. I introduced her to Amraa and they clicked like two peas in a pod.

Who Is Sabreen??